i . / m o n s t e r

Moonlight casted silver streaks of light into the dark alleyway, the smooth rays reflected off of awkwardly directed spikes of ash-blonde hair.

The alleyway had been out of the way of watching eyes, dark and foreboding.

No one could have foreseen what would come to pass.

The sound of boots against pavement echoed off the crumbling walls, soft, steady breaths coming from an ash blonde hero as he patrolled the suspicious looking area.

Drug dealers, gang members and other people of the sorts come to places like these, more often than not, and it was up to heroes, or in the ash-blonde's case, heroes-in-training, to fix that.

Yet, what Katsuki Bakugou was surprised to find, was not a drug dealer or a knife holding gang member but a young girl.

The girl sat curled up on the floor, her head between her knees, hugging her knees as though she were frightened.

Long black locks hid most of her face, red eyes glowing behind the thick black curtain.

She lifted her head then, her pale white skin looking almost inhuman in the dark.

' Just my luck, finding a brat. ' Bakugo didn't necessarily dislike children, but he knew his aggressive presence as well as his scowling expressions tended to cause little ones to cry.

The girl smiled at his presence, baring small pointed fangs. " oh? You look interesting. "

The little ravenette's voice was cold and echoing, like multiple people were talking at once.

She smiled more, oddly making it feel like Bakugo's skin was crawling.

Something felt wrong about this little girl, something wasn't right.

"Where are you're parents , brat?! Are you lost?"

"No. My parents have been dead for quite a long time. It's been awhile since I've had a decent snack."

The blonde blinked, slightly shocked at how indifferent she sounded when stating her parents were dead, as though she couldn't care less.

"You're hungry?" the blonde asked, caereful not to sound too annoyed at the fact that this child was taking up all his time.

The girl stood to her feet, ragged white dress with dirt and grass stains, barefeet and tangled hair made him add to his suspicions that this girl had no one taking care of her, most likely ran from an orphanage.

She took a step forward, tilting her head, baring fangs that seemed to grow longer, her eyes glowing like molten lava.

Bakugo tried to move, tried to speak but he couldn't, as though an invisible force were holding him back.

The sweat from his palms began to spark, tiny firework like explosions crackling at his fingertips.

The girl grinned wider than, and watched this with a dead eyed expression.

"Ah yes, excellent..." she looked up straight into the champagne blonde's eyes. " you aren't completely useless after all. Perhaps you are the one."