Chapter 2:The Problem With Maria

~Sam's P.O.V~

We took turn taking care of Maria, since we didnt even know if she was going to become one of the infected. She seemed like if she was getting worse every minute. At first she had just started with fever. Then the fever turned into a high fever. She started throwing up after that. We were all scared for her. Everybody left outside to the office's pattio since it was my turn to look after Maria. I sat on the couch that was next to the one Maria was sleeping on. I started to notice stuff that i hadnt notice before.

Maria was wearing a green turtle neck with the Polo logo. The turtle neck lookd kind of tight on her, like if it had shruken in the dryer or sumthing.. She was weaing a khaki plaided skirt. It wa also polo. I started to wonder if Polo was her favorite brand of clothes. She was wearing some khaki stokings and some flats. She has her hair in a bun and had a green band on her bun. She wasnt the ordinary 23 year old girl. She was like a grandma stuck in a young girl's body. Poor Maria.

I also noticed a brown birthmark in her neck. I had never seen that before. Had it just popped out? Or was it there before? I started to notice her breathing patterns. First she would take a deep breath and then would realease it very slowly. Then she would start breathing faster and faster like if she was was running. She had some dark spots under her eyes like if she hadnt slept all night. Al these little details that I hadn't notice before started to make me wonder, again. What if all those details were because of the bite shehad gotten. Her veins were noticible now. They looked like blue tree branches inside her skin.

She started to shake franticly. The white stuff, which looked like rabies, started comming out of her mouth again. She then opened her eyes wide open.

"Guys! I think you better come in here!" l shouted out to them. They came in like