Separation

Disclaimer: The image above explains something later on in this chapter.
Betty froze on the stairs at hearing Jughead's voice. She never thought she could feel so much fear and sorrow all at once. The serpents were no joke. They could really really hurt her if they wanted to. And, now Jughead was here. What could he possibly want?
His voice was unusually calm. He didn't seem angry. Strange, Betty thought. Why the fuck was he here? He hadn't been picking up her last hundred calls and now...
This can't be good.
Betty began retreating up the stairs, back to Archie's room.
"Betts..." Jughead stared up at her. He seemed genuinely concerned. His eyes were deepest and his brows furrowed.
"Hi..."
"You ok?" He started up the stairs.
A smile formed on my face that turned into choked up laughter.
"Is that a serious question?"
"Sorry I..."
The conversation abruptly ended as she turned her back to him and continued up the stairs.
"She's still a bit tired. Don't worry..." Archie came up behind Jughead and patted him on the back.
"I might go up and see her actually if you don't mind," Jughead replied.
"Yeh go ahead."
——————————————
"Betty?" Her husband tapped on the door. "I think we need to talk."

"Definitely."

The couple stared into each others' eyes. The green seemed deeper than ever. The blue rayless.

"Come in..." She gestured to the bed.

He nodded at her and placed himself at the edge of the mattress.

"Ok...You gonna sit?"

"I'd rather not."

"Ok..."

"So what's my sentence?" The blonded nibbled at her already raw red skin around her fingernails.

"Listen. I know your reasoning behind everything and so... I'm willing to let it slide...if you sign some divorce papers and we meet up with lawyers. BUT we need to keep this on the low. The serpents expect me to do worse to you, way worse."

"Oh, gee! Thanks, how could I ever repay you?" Cooper rolled her eyes.

Jughead abruptly got up and grabbed Betty's arm.

"This isn't a joke. I'm doing you a huge favour."

She stared his hand, wrapped around her arm. It was getting tighter like he didn't want to let her go; scared about what would happen to her if he did.

"You're hurting me," she whispered. Water welled in her eyes. He loosened his grip, apologising with his eyes.
"Can I ask you something?"

Jughead Jones nodded, maintaining the connection.

"My mum... Where is she?"

"She's safe." The leather-clad boy awkwardly stroked her arm.

"Thank you!" Betty praised him with a heartfelt hug. Her arms wrapped around his back as she nestled her head into his neck. He smelt like sandalwood and smoke. Perfection. Jughead stood confused, unsure of what to do until he finally returned her affection and held on to her as if he needed her as much as she needed him...

"Ok well."

 He withdrew first, of course, and left with a wave. The room was empty again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACK AT WHYTE WORM

"Jones!! Did you take care of it?" Sweetpea shouted.

Jughead had ruffled himself up to make it seem as if he had properly "taken care" of Betty. His hair was messy, eyes watery and clothes dishevelled. 

"You look like a mess Jones. Drink." Fangs called out.

"I'm alright, thanks." 

"It wasn't a question." Sweetpea and Fangs burst into drunken laughter.

"Alright." He walked up to the bar. "The strongest one you have Tina." 

"Coming right up, Jones." 

Tina bit her lip and within a few drinks they were making out in the Whyte Worm toilet. It was messy and difficult but the pair were too jaded by alcohol and lust. They pushed together with a wanton need for relief. 

"Jughead, Jughead touch me please." The dark-haired beauty moved so there was friction in the place she wanted. 

"Mhmm here." 

He clumsily picked her up and wrapped her legs around his waist whilst she unzipped his jeans. 

"No underwear, damn Tina." Jughead lifted her skirt up. Tina had successfully pulled out his member and so he slowly guided himself into her. Lewdly, her back arched accompanying Jughead's groan. The two melodiously moved together but unlike with Betty, Jughead took a little longer to reach his summit. He came a few seconds after Tina but it felt like an eternity. 

"Don't worry Jones, it happens. We should try again another time." She left him with a kiss, embarrassed, in a dark dingy toilet.

(Position explained by picture)