"Look upon each other and say the words." The elder instructed firmly.

The vows. The vows she had practiced so many times. As the elder began reciting the vows they would repeat, Astrid cast a glance to her mother.

Sigrid stood beside Esther, watching the ceremony without a glimpse of emotion in those blue ethereal eyes of hers.

Turning to her husband, Astrid began repeating the name of the seven Viking God's the wedding ceremony celebrated. "Odin, Thor, Freya, Frigg, Tyr, Balder, Loki..."

Perfectly in sync, Astrid's soft voice contrasted with Niklaus'.

"I am his and he is mine, from this day, until the end of my days."

"I am hers and she is mine, from this day, until the end of my days."

Releasing their hands, Niklaus gently cupped Astrid's warm cheek in his large palm, proclaiming loudly. "With this kiss, I pledge my love."

...

The atmosphere was bright, the meticulous bonfire and flickering candles casting light upon all the trestle tables filled with guests, the varied music from the talented bards and of course, the rowdy noise of men toasting their drinks to one another.

Her mother had been right, she said the feast was to be a spectacular event that had been planned for many moons now, the feast that celebrated the union of Niklaus Mikaelson and Astrid Mikaelson.

She was Astrid Mikaelson now.

Serving wenches and slaves fluttered down the aisles of tables, filling horns with the finest ale, the strongest wine and the best mead.

Varied dishes were being served, from dried fish from their very own waters, to roasted pig. Platers of steamed and boiled vegetables, freshly baked breads, cheeses and sweet fruits were also being generously handed out.

Sitting at the top table, Astrid looked the part of a perfect bride, surrounded by her mother and her husband's large family.

Loudly banging his half-full horn on the hard surface of the table, everyone was silenced by Mikael. "May I raise a toast, to my son Niklaus and his wife Astrid." Mikael spoke up as everyone raised their horns, clinking them together before drowning the remains of their drink.

Niklaus seemed surprised by this, as was his siblings, Mikael had never showed him any affection. He'd never spoken a kind word to Niklaus, clearly Mikael had drunken a lot of ale.

As Mikael stumbled down from the top table and towards a table of rowdy men, Astrid took this moment to look at those around her.

It seemed most of the table had gone to dance apart from her mother, Esther, Niklaus, herself and Finn.

Due to the fact it was beginning to get late, Henrik had retired to bed, something the young boy hadn't been too pleased about.

Her eyes passed Esther and her mother, who seemed to be in deep conversation, before drifting to Finn.

He looked sad, his eyes downcast as he gulped down his ale.

Perhaps this reminded him of his wedding day, after all, Finn's wedding to Aslaug had also been a grand celebration.

Almost as if he had felt Astrid's gaze on him, Finn looked up at her, his dark eyes catching her off-guard as he silently held up his horn of ale and nodded his head.

After sending him a smile, Astrid's gaze flickered towards the dance floor, a large grin forming on her lips when she noticed Kol, dancing away in the middle.

With a lady on each arm, he didn't have any trouble spinning them around as those around him egged him on eagerly. Although he did seem to be very drunk, his eyes glazed over and a lecherous grin on his lips.

Towards the back of the dance floor, away from his little brother's spot light, Elijah was gently twirling Tatia Petrova around, one hand on her lower back as he guided her to the beat of the music.

While almost out of sight, Rebekah was talking to a young man, a healthy blush coating her cheeks as she giggled.

Astrid watched in amusement as the blonde jumped in excitement when the young man offered her his hand to dance, causing her to practically drag the man onto the dance floor.

Following her gaze, Niklaus sniggered. "Poor man doesn't know what he's getting himself into." He chuckled.

Astrid snorted, "No, he doesn't. Especially when she has five very protective brothers." She teased.

"You're right about that. Henrik can be quite scary when he wants."

A giggle left her lips, her hand moving to cover her lips, the thought of ten-year-old Henrik fighting away Rebekah's suitors. "I'm sure he can be."

Nodding, Niklaus took a drink from his ale, swallowing before he swiftly climbed off the bench, holding a hand out to the confused brunette. "Now, I was told by my mother that a husband should always dance with his wife at a wedding." His words were strained.

Sending him a tight-lipped smile, Astrid nodded, placing her own hand in his. "Well, I don't want to brag, but I am quite the dancer."

Chuckling, Niklaus led her to where the other guests drunkenly dancing. "Is that so? I suppose you'll have to show me teach me, if you are that good."

"I am that good, Niklaus."

Placing his hands on her hip, he sent her a small smile. "Please, call me Nik."

Sending him a coy grin, Astrid placed her arms around his neck. "Only if you promise not to step on my toes, or my dress."