Purple Haze

Regular speech: "Wryyyyyy."
Thoughts: 'Wryyyyyy.'
Summon's, higher beings regular speech: "Wryyyyyy."
Summon's, higher beings thoughts: 'Wryyyyyy.'
Locations: Somewhere in the deep ocean...
Techniques: Kawarimi!

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or JJBA.

Chapter IV

With Kakashi currently struggling to break free from Zabuza's Suiro no Jutsu,
the latter's clone is toying with the genin.

"Headband is a sign of a ninja, you know that?" their opponent started his monologue. "Only when you've hovered between life and death so many times that it doesn't faze you, only then can you be considered a shinobi. When you enter my bingo book, then you may have earned the title ninja."

Activating once more his Kirigakure no Jutsu, he declared, "Kids like yourselves are no shinobi..."

'H-He vanished again!' as soon as Naruto thought that, he caught a kick from the clone in his face, the impact so strong, he was sent flying.

"...Only brats," he said with finality.

"Guys! You must get Tazuna-san and run, you can't win! He can't pursue you while I'm in his prison, nor his clone can! Run, now!" Kakashi tried to make them leave, but Sasuke had already made up his mind on what to do.

'That's of no use. Sooner or later he, or any of Gato's dogs would catch up to us, and then we will be done for,' he was ready to act. 'No, the only chance we have is to free Kakashi!'

With that, Sasuke sped off, throwing several shuriken, which the clone easily blocked with his giant sword. Using that as an advantage, the genin jumped above his opponent, rapidly performing several hand seals.

But before he could finish, a hand, formed from the mist, took him by the throat.

'Wh-What the hell? What is holding me?' Sasuke gasped for breath.

From out of the woods, a figure in a light cape jumped out, landing next to the clone.

"Tch-tch-tch. Zabuza-san, why didn't you say that you have a party going down here? You know how boring it gets under Gato's employ, it's very inconsiderate of you."

The teenager was a head shorter than Zabuza, of light complexion with a pale skin and dark hair, wearing a standard set of plain clothes of dark colours.

"Can't a man be selfish for once?" the clone answered.

"You're selfish all the time," the second deadpanned and released Sasuke from his technique's grip, throwing him onto the ground.

'This is getting out of hand, now there's two of them!' Kakashi was desperate to free himself.

"Sasuke, are you okay? What happened back there?" Naruto helped his teammate back to his feet.

"I'm okay, just a few bruises," Sasuke began to analyse the situation. "It seems that this man can control the mist, forming physical limbs with great precision. I think that attack doesn't exceed the range of 5 meters, although he may have ranged attacks."

The situation looked desperate, they were barely doing anything to defeat a clone of Zabuza, now they should worry about another of Gato's mercenaries!

"Alright, you can have them. Easier for me anyway," with that the clone popped, leaving the genin with his ally. Suddenly, the tide of the battle was in their favour.