Their teacher, Silvanus Kettleburn, a middle-aged man with being known around the castle for not only his talent as a teacher in this subject and his passion for not only those creatures, but also for having children learn on how to respect those.

His recklessness and the nature of his subject resulted in him losing all his limbs but one arm and half of one leg, which made endless tales go around the castle on what would have caused such damage. From having a dragon burned it "away", a basilisk poisoning him to the point where had to cut it off to a Demiguise having disappeared with it, Victoria had heard the most ridiculous ones.

"As promised we will deal with Bowtruckles in a week, but as an old friend of mine made me get hold of an animal usually considered very dangerous, but she' still a baby and very human-friendly, I thought that this would be a good small theme for in between. ," the professor announced, causing some girls in the back row to 'aww' at having heard that whatever creature they are working with is going to be a baby.

Victoria herself stood near Dorcas and Lily, both being the only ones in their dorm to have chosen that subject, her left open hair, blocking her view towards the two girls.

While having wanted to move away, it would have been too obvious for the teacher to see Victoria switch to somewhere else as the marauder seemed to appear out of a sudden next to her. Still, with Remus by her side, the ongoing sound of comments from James had been enough for once, let her focus on something other than stopping herself from strangling him.

"When we are talking about babies, I think ours would be lovely Victoria. Imagine, if they would get your brain and beauty, my ability to be a genius in playing pranks and quidditch. It would be a super baby. ," he whispered into her ear, the warmth of his breath hitting the side of her face as he had learned that much forwards. While Victoria ignored the feeling going down her spine, she annoyed rolled her eyes at the boy, whispering a 'fuck off Potter'.

Her eyes were focused on the professor in front of her who dropped hints on what it could be. The girl knew what the wooden box next to the man held at the moment he explained that it's native to the rainforests of Southeast Asia. The redhead next to her had no clue, still, she kept a careful gaze on the man who was known for being somewhat reckless in his subject.

The Moment the box was opened and a little creature with jet black hair made it's way slowly out of it, Victoria had to suppress her laughter at the people around her shrieking at the baby Acromantula who supprised blinked around the surrounding with its dark eyes.

A little giggle escaped her mouth. Not because of her 2 dormmates who anxious jumped away from the thing, literally hiding behind Victoria, but rather Sirius - I'm totally punk - Black, screaming the highest girlish crie Victoria had ever heard. But to his defense, everyone in this class seemed to look fearful at the little thing, even the hazel-eyed boy, who Sirius clutched dramatically too, looked at the spider as if it would attack him every moment with wide eyes and a slight gasp.

"Ah okay, well looks like I should have expected something like that. Well...Okay, who here is scared of spiders?"

The man had a slight chuckle in his voice, even after having 80% of the class raised their hand. While there was Victoria, who really wasn't scared of them, there were those who tried to seem cool by acting not scared, one of them being James as he thought this would impress the girl. Still, as the man announced that it then, wouldn't be a problem for them to once hold it, the rest of the hands then got up.

"Miss Atkinson, your hand is down. Why don't you step to the front and tell us everything you know about Hector." Willingly the girl nodded at the bright smiling teacher. As she stepped to the front, the little guy looked curious at the girl. What really made her smile a little at him had been the moment the spider seemed excited for the attention he got, little jumps demostrating it.