Chapter 1

"Ah, watch it!"

"Sorry!" Enzo called back to the villager he only just dodged as he galloped through the old huts and stalls. He glanced back to find his brother struggling to get through the small crowd.

"Try to catch up, slow ass!" He chuckled, but karma hit him instantly and he slipped on a bare, muddy puddle as he tried to duck into a sharp corner. The sound of small yet strong hooves rushed passed him followed by a burst of laughter. 'God damn it' Enzo got up onto his hooves again. Watching Odys gallop along the main path he noticed there was a shortcut that his brother had missed. Sprinting into action again he turned off the path into one of the narrow trails that lead behind the blacksmith's workshop. Picking up his pace Enzo jumped over a fallen barrel laying on the ground and swerved through the wooden huts. 'Hah, still gonna make it to the jeweller first' he smirked as it came into view and Odys wasn't anywhere to be seen, however as he leapt onto the main path again something hard stood in the way, he crashed into it and was sent tumbling to the ground almost blacking out for a split moment. Blindingly the colt looked up wondering what he had just run into, his gaze met with a pair of furious, dark eyes that quickly became familiar.

"Lorenzo?" the king scold harshly but slightly surprised. He was the only one to ever call Enzo by his full name.

"Im sorry father," Enzo looked down and ever so slightly trembled with fear at the the kings fury. His brother neared and Enzo could tell he had spotted their father as he stopped immediately in his tracks.

"How many times do I have to tell you two to stay within the castle walls?" he snapped. "Especially you Odys, you should know better, as the heir to the throne, quit running around like a careless foal."

"Yes father, it will not happen again." Odys promised, lowering his voice he bowed his head in shame.

"Take Lorenzo with you and get back to your chambers NOW!" He shot an intimidating glared at Enzo before continuing on his way. Enzo had to jump out the way of the king's perfectly polished hooves with the most shiny, silver horseshoes nailed on neatly. The tall, chestnut stallion marched out of sight, his wine red coat, trimmed with a white fur shawl that wrapped around the strong neck and broad shoulders of the king, flowing behind him, catching the slightest bit of wind under it as he moved.

"Come on Enzo," Odys urged, "you heard father."

Enzo just nodded and both colts walked in silence up the long, dirt road that lead to the castle. 'Weird, I wonder where he's going and why didn't have any guards with him as usual?'

~~~~~~~~~~~

Where was the king off too? And what will happen when or if he returns?

Thank you so much for reading!!
More to come soon xx