Nocturnals

Chapter One.

Why hello lovelies. First and foremost. This is a story I have had in my head for about four maybe five years now. I'm so happy to have taken the time and written some of it out. I have no clue if anyone is going to like this, or if I'll even finish it but here is the first chapter. A lot of stuff is mentioned and unexplained, but I promise to explain them in the next few chapters. Until then, adieu 

P.S. I'm a tag whore. And I become a better person whenever you comment or vote or even fan me so yeah, if you wanna improve me, go try one of those things. Maybe two, maybe even three. 

---

-Melissa’s POV-

I opened my eyes and was greeted by more darkness. I stood up straighter and raised my head proudly. I straightened my white blouse and smoothed out any creases in my black skirt that flowed around my ankles. I resisted the temptation to tap my foot agitatedly.

I heard someone clear their throat and suddenly the room was filled with light. I hissed and snapped my eyes shut and my hands flew to clutch my now throbbing head. When I opened my eyes again and my head stopped ringing I heard laughter.

I looked up and around me at the five elders sitting high above me on granite thrones that rose into the air. They looked ancient, but powerful. All of them had wrinkly pale skin and long hair. They wore robes trimmed with different colors for each of them. The one sitting in the middle directly in front of me looked down from her throne and smiled at me.

“Why hello Melissa, such a pleasure to see you again,” She said her voice loud and booming like thunder.

I titled my head up and stared back into her grey eyes. Her important robe was lined with silver and her long silver hair was pulled tightly back into a ponytail that ran down the length of her back.

I kneeled, “Greetings Zarris.”

She nodded at me, “You may rise, young queen.”

“Melissa,” I turned my head to address who was talking two thrones to the left of Zarris. It was Latise, with her yellow eyes, un-brushed blonde hair, and a robe of gold trim. “We have a very important task at hand for you and your brother.”

I snorted, “I didn’t think that I was Summoned here for some coffee and a nice chat.”

I heard a growl from the right of Latise. In between her and Zarris was an old man with shaggy, black hair and dark blue eyes. His robe had black trim.

“How dare you speak that way in front of the Counts!” He hissed at me.

There was snickering coming from the two thrones on the right of Zarris. It was coming from the twins, Annalisa and Annamaria. They had chocolaty colored hair and eyes and their matching robes were trimmed with pink.

“Calm down, Bernard,” said Annalisa.

“She’s just a girl,” finished Annamaria.

Bernard opened his mouth to retaliate but Zarris clapped her hands together abruptly.

“That is enough!” Her voice echoed around the room filled with authority, “We are here to discuss important business and that is what we will do! We will not sit around and bicker like children! Is that clear?!”

The other Counts grumbled their responses. Zarris turned to Latise who had kept her graze on me ever since my outburst.

“Latise, if you will, please continue.” Zarris ordered, sitting back in her seat and relaxing.