Say 'Will You Marry Me' Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Where is he?" Was all he said, his voice an eerie calm as he stood up and walked towards the door, "take me to him."

"He's not ready to see you-"

"Let me see him, he needs me." Elide blocked his path, her face twisted with sorrow.

"He is okay, and I promise as soon as he's ready-"

"As soon as he's ready!? He's on his deathbed! I don't want to see him when he's dead, I want to see him now! You don't understand, he- he needs me. Please, it will only take a second." Elide shut her eyes tightly and then opened them, warding off her tears.

"I'm sorry," was all she could manage. Fenrys didn't move for a second, but then he pushed past her and grabbed the doorknob and flung the door open, starting to walk down the hall. She rushed after him and grabbed his arm. "Stop. Please just stop. He asked me to tell you."

Fenrys' head snapped to her and only then did a tear slide down his cheek. "Let me see him," he begged her.

"I can't, I can't Fenrys, I'm sorry." She surprised herself and him by hugging the male in front of her tightly. He hugged her back and Elide felt tears wet her shirt, "I'm so sorry."

Rowan's PoV

Rowan had sat, thinking about the call from Lorcan for days. He hadn't seen the older man in months, maybe years. Did he go to visit him? He was dying after all... maybe he would take Aelin with him tomorrow, though she had never cared for the dark haired man much. He walked through his and Aelin's home to find her playing with their son, "Fireheart, can I steal you a minute?" She nodded up at him, whispered a few words to the boy and followed Rowan into the living room.

"What's wrong Rowan?" She looked up at him quizzically.

He replayed the voicemail from Lorcan, the one he had listened to so many times he could recite. Her face paled slightly as the message played on, "Ro- I'm so sorry." She touched his arms gently and he relaxed at the contact.

"I know you never liked him much, but would you go with me to visit him?"

"Yes, of course I will." She looked at him worriedly, "Are you going to be okay?"

He shook his head, "None of the others will go, maybe Fenrys, but I have to." She nodded in agreement and sat on the couch dragging her with him,

"We should take Gavriel with us, it will be the first time Lorcan meets him."

...

The next morning, they all packed up and headed to Perranth Hospital. Rowan requested to see Lorcan and they were all given masks to wear. A nurse led them through the halls and stopped in front of room 174. Rowan walked in, a grin plastered on his face, Aelin and Gavriel following suit. "Hey Brother." Rowan called out as he spotted Lorcan on the bed, a brown haired nurse leaning over him.

Lorcan looked up suddenly causing the nurse to hiss a curse, "Rowan?" He paused as they all entered the room, "Aelin?" His eyes flicked to the young boy who stepped out from behind his mother and and he broke out with an enormous grin, "and who is this?"

"Hey, I got your message. I'm sorry we didn't stop by sooner." His eyes raked Lorcan's body, he was so thin, skin pale, and he looked so tired, so exhausted. "I'm sorry Lorcan."

The nurse who had been leaning over Lorcan straightened, "Thank you Eli-" He started coughing violently, blood coming from his mouth and nose. The nurse calmly put an oxygen mask over his head, and when he returned to calm, shallow breathing she took it off and wiped the blood from his face and neck. She declared she was going to find him a new blanket and fled the room.