"It's just we spent all night talking about..." She stopped to look into his eyes to see if it was okay to say her name when he was in a delicate state. He nodded his head indicating that she could continue. "Nicole... and well it's just she leaves tomorrow. First thing in the morning and I have worked so I won't be able to be there and well tonight we were supposed to have dinner." 

"What?" Chris was shocked, "This late?" He asked because she had been on set all day and then went to the bar at 6 and it was already 9 he couldn't believe they would wait that long to eat. 

"No... the dinner was at 6. However, I kinda forgot about it. and now well I kinda looked at my phone to see that she tried calling me, but I was drunk and now she won't answer my texts." Scarlett sighed and went to rub her head. "I messed up."  

"Scarlett..." he stopped when he saw a tear roll down her face. This wasn't just missing dinner, and he knew that. he knew that Nicole's parents probably didn't like them, so this was probably her chance to prove that she could be in Nicole's life. And she missed that opportunity. That's the real reason she was upset. "Come on let's get you home." 

Present times. 

Chris ended up volunteering to take Scarlett home that night. She was in such an emotional state to even drive home. Even though he wasn't so sure on this whole parenting thing, he was sure this was everything to her. 

But the next morning she sat in her trailer while her Chris sat across from her. He was, dare he say in love with this woman, and he had to watch as life constantly tried to push her down. 
"Scarlett, you need to take a step back to evaluate this whole situation." 

Scarlett looked up at Chris very confused. She could not come up with any other way of viewing this. It all seemed kinda one sided. Her daughter left as of that morning, wouldn't answer her calls and to make matter worse she felt extremely guilty. 

"Chris there is nothing to evaluate, she is gone. And I guess that is my fault. But I feel like this world is trying to tell me something..." 

"Scarlett doesn't do that..." He said. 

"No, I am not going to give up. I won't make that mistake again. I just think I need to take a moment to determine what it is I want, and what she needs. I can't just barge into her life and ruin things. I need to think clearly here. " Chris watched as this woman, who was lost in thoughts not five minutes ago, now stood and was taking charge. Something he loved about her. "I want to be in her life, and I want to do it right." 

"You know Scarlett you have an amazing way of looking at life." Chris smiled at her. She wasn't giving up, she was going to take a step back and figure out how to do this correctly. She wasn't like any other woman out there. Maybe that's why he is so in love. 

"Scarlett we need you on set!" A production assistant called out right outside Scarlett's trailer. She sighed and gave Chris a thankful smile before walking over to the door. 

"Thank you again, Chris. You are my best friend." She said and then left him in the trailer. Alone with his thoughts.