Chapter 2

Naruto woke to the sound of knocking at his door. He sat up groggily, rubbing his eyes and almost telling them to come in, before remembering he wasn't traveling with Kiba anymore and that he was now residing in the Uchiha palace.

"Just a moment!"  The blonde yelled in response to the knocking at his door. The healer rushed to put some clothes on. He went through his inventory and selected an orange hoodie with the design of a fox's head imprinted in black on the front. He had black jeans to go with it, and an animal mask as well. The mask had three thick red lines on the sides, and red markings around the eyes, shaped like wings on a woman's eye makeup. The clothing appeared on his body, glowing white before the white disappeared and the clothing was revealed.

All players had an inventory, in which they accessed by swiping their right hand downwards. They would put things like items, loot, potions, and gear here. Though, some decided to just collect their gear and place it on stands in their own home. The healer tended to store his gear in his inventory.

In the game, there was also a difference between gear and clothing. All players had two different categories of items in which they could wear, their casual clothing and questing clothing. Questing clothing depended on the way in which you played. Casual clothing depended in which the life you lived. The life you lived depended on the way in which you played the game. The way you play the game depends on the way you lived your life. That is how it has always been.

And that's how it always will be.

The healer walked to his bedroom door and opened it. Behind it was a short woman with brown hair that was chin-length, with brown eyes and rectangular purple markings on her cheeks. She had on a long-sleeved black top and light purple apron skirt, underneath was black shorts. She also had red thigh-high stockings and black saddle oxfords.

"Good mornin'! You must be Naruto, right?" The woman said, a cheery grin on her face.

"Yes, that would be me."

"Well, then it's nice to meet you! My name is Rin Uchiha, previously Rin Nohara until I married Obito Uchiha! I'm a druid and used to go on missions with a guy I used to know, but now I just hang around the palace! Anyways, I'm just here to wake you up in the morning and clean your room. If there's anything you need, just ask!" She exclaimed while extending her hand to the healer. Naruto shook her hand, and nodding to signal he understood her.

"Thank you, miss. I have but one question, why do you act as a maid when you are married to one of royal blood." Naruto asked her.

"That's because Uchihas are a bit similar to the Hyuga Clan, in which there's a side branch and main branch, the main branch being the one's sitting on the throne and the side branch helps from the background, though all Uchihas carry on the legacy of having never partied with a healer, at least until now. The side branch has always assisted the main branch anyway they could, and now I am also a part of the side branch, as my husband is and always will."

"Thank you for telling me, Rin."

"My pleasure. Ah, before I forget, would you happen to know where Sasuke is? I've checked everywhere and he's nowhere to be found. If I lose him again, I don't what'll happen." 

"Please, do not fret. He was just resting in my room. I was just healing him, don't worry." Naruto offered a smile, despite the fact it was hidden by his mask.

"Oh! That's a relief. I've been noticing he was a bit injured, yet my senses are a bit dull nowadays. Thank you, Naruto. I assume you're going out today, yes?"

"Your assumption would be correct, yes."

"Well, while you're out, I'll make sure Sasuke stays in bed and rests. I've noticed he overworks himself, yet I've never done anything to stop him. He deserves a break, and I'll make sure he does take a break."