Chapter 2 Convincing the WOA

As the two made their way to the
headquarters, Finn kept up the conversation, asking questions and telling stories about  his childhood, and maybe, Fontaine thought, they really could do this, but there was still the fact that his family was infamously known to both the WOA and her family. She also knew that Ant despised Finn and anything related to his family.

But was it honestly his fault? Fontaine  knew that the people around you are the ones that influence you and with his family being who they were, there was no way that he could be anything but a pirate.

Walking up the stairs to where the organisation took place, Fontaine felt awfully uncomfortable. She knew if this went wrong and something was to happen, it would be her fault.
"There's no going back now." Finn said,expressing her exact thoughts at the moment. "I thought you were so confident. " Fontaine tried to joke around but both were tense, anything could happen, it could go one way or another.

When they entered the building 3 guards stepped in front of them, blocking their path towards the main office. " Miss Nekton, you are aware that you are in the presence of a dangerous criminal ?" Well, that went well, not even 3 steps in and already stopped. " Yes sir, I think that Finn could be a great addition to the mission and was going to talk with the leaders about it." She was pretty lucky, nobody besides her family and the leaders knew what the mission was, to dangerous was the chance of somebody ratting them out, so technically it could be anything, maybe even pirate related.
"Of course Miss Nekton, we will escort the two of you to the office, just as a precaution." She couldn't argue with that, it was already a suprise that they got that far. Next to her Finn tensed, clearly not comfortable with the guards watching them, but they walked on and all to soon arrived at the main office.

Fontaine knocked and thought of what to say, but there was no time, te door already opened and they walked in. She looked around and noted that all three leaders looked speechless.
"Fontaine have you lost your mind? Bringing somebody like him, here ? Asked Eric, clearly expecting her to have an answer up her sleave. Eric had always been her favourite leader, him having piercings and tattoos and all-around seeming more modern  and open minded about the ways her family worked. " He volunteered to help me with the mission." Fontaine said, nudging Finn, making it obvious that she wanted him to do the talking, but before he could start Max, the tall intimidating leader yelled:" You told him about the mission ?!"

"Who should he tell about that event? His family is a whole different kind of criminal! They'd rather be the ones to rob a family like theirs, not help them!" She screamed, angry that they really thought she would ratt them out. Then Finn finally started speaking up:" Whose better to catch a criminal but a criminal. For this mission you need somebody whose athletic, if you need to make a quick exit and somebody who has no problems with lying, look at it I'm the perfect choice for that, because as a pirate, I ly all the time."
"You still didn't give us a reason as to why you would do this." Max said, clearly not believing in Finns ' good nature'. " I don't really have a reason, besides the fact that I don't get to socialise all that often and something like that could be a reason to actually do something different."

It was something different that what he said to Fontaine in the café but she knew that in the end, Max probably wouldn't react very well to the fact that the two of them got along pretty well. Eric smirked at her and raises his pierced eyebrow. He could read her in seconds, probably because Fontaine used to spent her entire holidays with him when her parents dropped her and Ant of at the WOA.  " Why don't we give them a shot, if Fontaine thinks he can pull this off than we should trust her, also if something was to go wrong it wouldn't be such a catastrophe with his parents because Hammerhead would never dare go here."

Eric finished of, smirking at the rest of them, his ways were always a bit more crucial than the others and he probably wouldn't really convince anybody, but he was always the one to get things done.
"If you think so Eric, than it'll be no problem for you to prepare the two of them."Max just practically allowed them  to do this, and Fontaine smiled at Finn, then looked at Eric, hoping for him to confirm this. He smiled at her and nodded then declared:" So be it. We'll start in two hours."