Chapter 4 Light

Being a pirate, Hook did indeed know how to hide treasure. Regina's heart was his most important treasure. 

He sits at the docks, guarding the location he hid it, pacing and worrying about Regina as the night fell over the town. 

As darkness comes over the streets, the town gathers, awaiting the battle to take place between the magical sisters. 

"Why don't you just fight me?" Emma snaps. "I don't fight amateurs," Zelena mocks. "I'm not an amateur, I'm the savior," Emma said. "Someone has a big head," Zelena scoffs. 

"Didn't anyone tell you black is MY color," Regina swaggers between everyone to face her sister. 

The magic begins, and a battle ensues, as Zelena dominates the fight at first and throws Regina into the clock tower. 

"Where is it!?!" Zelena demands as she grabbed through Regina's chest searching for her heart. "One thing our mother taught us, never bring your heart to witch fight. Maybe you would know that if she hadn't abandoned you," Regina gleamed. 

"I will get your heart!! I will!!" Zelena puffed away in a green smoke. 

"Regina!" Robin calls up the stairwell as he climbs to her, "Are you alright?" he asks gently helping her up. 

"Yes yes, I'm alright," Regina says looking at him. 

His eyes sparkle at her. She feels different without her heart as it is, and she figured that was why her connection to him wasn't so prevalent. 

If a kiss between them could be felt without her heart, perhaps it would give her an answer. 

Not ignoring how she felt earlier in the day with Hook holding her heart, but simply attempting to find a definitive answer, Regina pulled to Robin for a kiss.

Robin slightly resisted, but it was too late and suddenly the green magic went between them, "What was that?" Regina felt it.

"Oh no..." Robin sighed. 

Later 

"So it stripped your magic?" David asked. "Yes, Zelena cursed his lips, and it took it away," Regina sighed. 

"Well I'm the savior and still have mine," Emma said. "True, but if it's me she's after she won't stop at that." Regina sighed. 

Feeling defeated, Regina sat, and Tinkerbell sat across from her. "If he was my soulmate, wouldn't her magic not have worked?" Regina asked. "I'm not so sure," Tinkerbell admits. 

Near the docks that morning 

"No ship this time," Rumple's voice turns Killian's head towards him. Drawing his sword, he stares at him. 

Reminiscent of their alley meeting all those years ago. "Give me the heart," Rumple said. "What are you talking about?" Hook scoffs.

"Give me the heart," Rumple said again. "Over my dead body," Hook breathed and kept his sword out. 

"If that's what you want Pirate, that's what you'll get," Rumple said. "I know Zelena is controlling you, and I don't care, I'll protect her heart with my life," Hook said. 

Rumple jolts Hook up into the air, choking him with magic. Hook gasps and coughs as his feet leave the ground. 

Struggling in the air, Regina's heels click against the wood, "Stop!" She snaps. 

Rumple releases the pirate, dropping him down. "Give it to him Hook," Regina said. "What?" He catches his breath and looks at her. 

"Give it to him," Regina encourages. "I don't have my magic, but you leave him alone," Regina glares at Rumple. 

"I just came for the heart," Rumple repeats, in his controlled state. "Wait, you don't have magic?" Hook bewilders. 

"It's a long story," Regina sighed. 

Trusting her, Hook uncovers a board under the bench, and gets the heart from beneath it. 

He sighs, and lifts his eyes at Regina. She nods slowly once more. 

Afraid for Regina's life, in a final attempt to show her how he feels, Hook presses his lips directly on Regina's heart. 

As he does, Regina feels something deep within herself. 

Hook hands the heart to Rumple, and with that, he's gone. 

Hook shakes his head, and paces backward, as Regina steps towards him. 

"I'm.... back..." She says. "What do you mean?" He asked. "That..... kiss, you..." she forms a fireball. "You brought it back," Regina smiles at him.

"How did it vanish?" He asked. Regina explains that Zelena cursed Robin's lips and kissing him, removed her magic. 

"So kissing him removed your magic, and I just brought it back?" He asked. 

"Seems that way," Regina sighs at him. 

"Well now you can fight her, I'll be there, with everyone," he promises. 

She smiles at him, and with her heart still beating, even though with Rumple, she feels an overwhelming rush of passion inside her. 

Regina throws herself into Hook, kissing him deeply. Still confused internally, she lets herself feel and enjoy this moment as his lips encase hers. 

Knowing they still have a battle to win, Hook breathes against her mouth, "Hopefully that's not goodbye," He said. 

Emma, David, Robin, Hook, and Regina made their way to fight Zelena in a stable house. 

Swords drawn,  and bows ready, as the fight began. Rumple throwing Emma and Hook right away, as the others circled Zelena. 

"Get the dagger!!" Rumple yelled at Hook. "Or I have to destroy you all," He said pushing David backwards as Zelena held Regina in the air in a choking spell.

"NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT I CAN BE!" Regina's hands light up, blasting the witch to the ground. 

Hook grabs the dagger, and Regina's heart.  

"Well get on with it then!!" Zelena yells at her, "No, not today," Regina glares at her. 

"I don't think so," Rumple pulls Zelena to him. 

"I'm going to make you pay for all you did to me," Rumple warns. "No," Hook states holding the dagger.

Rumple looks at him, "Bae wouldn't want it," He said. "After all this witch has done? You expect me to just let her go?" Rumple scoffs. 

"It's what heroes do," Regina said joining Hook's side. 

With Zelena defeated, per usual, the town gathers at Granny's in celebration. 

Regina sits at the counter, and Tinkerbell joins her. 

"All those years ago, you told me that I needed love." Regina said. "And you still do, and you still deserve it," Tinkerbell said. 

"They both have the tattoo though, how do I know?" Regina asked. "I think you do know," Tinkerbell assured her. 

"I think that your heart already told you," Tinkerbell. 

"And I'm afraid again," Regina sighed. "But this time, you aren't alone," Tinkerbell said gesturing to the group surrounding in Granny's. 

"Your heart will lead the way Regina, if you let it." Tinkerbell said.