Marinette turned back to Chloe. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Lila Rossi. She had to go, or everyone has to see that she's a liar." Chloe looked back over her shoulder to where Lila had moved away and was heading towards Alya, Nino and Adrien.

"I didn't think I'd ever agree with you about something, but I guess there's a first time for everything."

"She's lying to everyone and I don't want my Adri-kins to believe her."

Marinette rolled her eyes at Chloe's nickname for Adrien. "He doesn't believe her, trust me."

"And how would you know?"

"I talked to him about it, and he said as long as we know the truth, it doesn't really matter."

Chloe almost saw red. Marinette was talking to Adrien? Was she trying to steal him away from her? Chloe pushes the thoughts back. As long as Adrien knew what a liar Lila was. She had to remember that. "How are we going to prove Lila is lying about everything?"

Marinette thought for a moment. "You'll have to get close to her. Pretend to be her friend, then she'll have to slip up and say something. Somehow you could film it?"

Chloe sighed. She didn't want to have to get closer to Lila than she absolutely had to be, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Why can't you do it?"

"She doesn't like me. She knows that I can tell she's lying."

If Chloe had to get closer to Lila and pretend to agree with everything she said, it would be the most convincing performance anyone would ever see from this school again. "I'll do it, but just know, Dupain-Cheng, that I'm not happy with this."

|||

"Lila! Oh my god how are you?" Chloe threw her arms around Lila's shoulders. School had started again and it was time to put her plan into action.

Chloe hoped that Lila would have moved on or forgotten about what had happened at the fireworks night, but she knew she would have to make sure Lila knew that she was definitely on her side now.

Even though she would never help Lila.

"What are you doing? You hated me not too long ago, and now you want me to believe you like me? Try again." Lila pushed Chloe away so strongly Chloe nearly fell over.

"I was thinking about that and," Chloe pauses, "I'm really sorry about it. I was just jealous that you're Ladybug's best friend, and that you've done all that cool stuff. Forgive me?"

Lila raised an eyebrow. She wasn't believing Chloe in the slightest, but it would look good that she was friends with Chloe Bourgeois. Then she could have more to brag about, and not all of it would be a lie. "Of course I will, one of things that makes me who I am is that I forgive everyone, no matter what."

"We should hang out at my hotel later, after school. Are you free?"

"I'll have to clear a meeting with Russian democrats, but I should be able to make it."

Chloe smiled, but kept her hands pinned at her side so she wouldn't try to strangle Lila.

"Bye, Chloe." Lila walked away.

Chloe walked inside and was pulled into the library by Marinette. She was dragged to the back of the library and confronted by a slightly annoyed Marinette. "What happened?"

"She's coming to the hotel tomorrow, not that you needed to know that."

"I think I do need to know, considering this is MY plan." Marinette pointed to herself.

Chloe knew she was right, but didn't want to involve Marinette more than needed. She could do this herself. But she had asked Marinette for her help...

"I'll call you after she leaves. Is that good enough?"

"That's fine."

|||

"It was horrible, completely and utterly horrible. She was so stuck up and conceited the entire time! All she could talk about was herself!" Chloe was ranting from the other side of the phone.

Marinette had her phone propped up against her magic box with her diary in it, watching as Chloe waves her hands around madly. "You really sound like you enjoyed your afternoon."

"As if I could! She was acting like I used to. At least I don't lie about everything like Lila does."

Marinette closed her sketchbook. "Did she says anything about lying?"

"Nothing at all, which means I have to deal with Lila even longer! I don't think I'll be able to stand it. You'll have to come along one day."

Marinette hummed. "She doesn't like me and doesn't trust me. She'll never admit to anything while I'm around. At least you have some kind of fresh start."

"One more day and then we can think of a new plan. Just meet up with her once more and then let it go."

"You don't have to put up with her, Marinette. If this fails I don't get anything out of it."

"Then what do you want out of it?" Marinette tried to think of what Chloe could want. She practically had everything. There was nothing that Marinette could possibly give her that would fit Chloe's very specific tastes.

"Meet up with me one day for a movie and lunch." Chloe suggested. Maybe spending time with Marinette would get rid of the weird warm feeling she got whenever she heard Marinette's voice.

"Like a date?"

Chloe huffed. It wasn't a date. Not at all. "Of course, Dupain-Cheng. Why would I want to go on a date with you?"