Chapter 12: Of Soul Reapers and Banshee's

CHAPTER 12

Frost’s POV

It has taken a while, but I have managed to explain everything I know about the situation to Eva, Isabelle and Tybalt. All three have been sharing their intakes and thoughts about it, and honestly, I wanted to wringe my neck around Tybalt’s throat. He has the audacity to play with both woman’s feelings, hinting at emotion to both while the other is turned. It has me dying literally inside. I choose, and I could possibly lose my Mary. Dante has stood next to Rhea his entire visit here, and though he was worried about the palm print pinking her cheek when he first entered, he still seems to be angry at her about what happened all those years ago. He stands next to her with his arm, draped in fine leathery sleeves, crossed stubbornly over his chest. Even with my height, I have to look up to see his scowl. He speaks and adds to the conversation, contributing an idea of what is happening while Rhea does as well, since acting like a child would not help the situation one bit, and if he wasn’t helping, I’d snap his neck.

Eva has been quiet the entire time I have been speaking, and while others do as well. She was…. surprised, the epitome of the word, to find out she died and that she had come back to life this very day. I apologise numerous times to her for being the reason she died, and she forgave me almost instantly the first time, and many times after that, which I still find rather surprising. Her personality has always surprised me, because Maria and her have always been polar opposites in my eyes. If Maria had been in Eva position, she would’ve killed me and muttered that my death was just returning the favor.

Sometimes like now, I am grateful that Eva is so kind and forgiving. It helps me deal with my guilt a little better. Not entirely.

“Why is this happening to Mary?” Isabelle asks, awkwardly running a hand down her arm as she shifts her weight. Her vibrant red hair is pulled back into a ponytail, and standing next to me, she appears displaced. I feel like patting her back in a motion of support, but I feel that would be inappropriate since I’m already spoken for and she… was. Her relationship to Tybalt is rather difficult to seek out, because NOW, Eva, her original form, is back--Tybalt’s original love. Her eyes trail to Tybalt’s and Eva’s intertwined hand, and I believe she realizes that too. 

Dante opens his mouth to say something but Rhea beats him to it. He appears not to be pleased, but before I can note on his demeanor, Rhea speaks. “I have no idea.”

 “Does it have something to do with her being a doppelganger?” Matt muses, slouching forward from his position leaning against Rhea’s table. He nearly drops one of her scrolls, which he clumsily holds to his chest for a few moments before placing it back on Rhea’s desk.

“I don’t think so, I mean, Isabelle is a doppelganger and she hasn’t had her body taken over by Eva. In fact, Eva can’t, she’s back from the dead in her own original body.” Dante answers sarcastically, which causes Rhea to slap his arm in a scolding manner.

“Does it have something to do with Eryn?” Erebus says.

Before anyone can answer, a knock on the door catches our attention, and Callista pokes her head in.

 “Yes Callista?” I ask.

 She shifts her eyes to Eva, who smiles at her tentatively. “Miss, your bath is running.”

 Eva nods. She turns to face Tybalt, her face brightening at the sight of him. This makes my face line. I want to be able to do that, with my Mary. I want to be able to be around her, to witness how her aura makes everything about the castle seem better. It kills me internally again that I can’t. Eva plants a kiss on his cheek, then shakes their intertwined hands.

“I’ll be right back.” She says. “I can’t stand standing in my own filth, it annoys me immensely.” she soon leaves after saying this.

Isabelle does not look pleased. From what I gather about her, it seems like she has feelings for Tybalt and his lost love returning is definitely not good for Isabelle and Tybalt. She tries to pretend like it doesn’t bother her but I can tell it does.