Ch. 12 - Beacon Of Despair

Start from the beginning

"Think about it. We don't use the basement. Let's put them there." Hunter suggested.

"Why would we do that?" Shadow asked vaguely.

"Why would - Are you serious right now?" Hunter exaggerated, "Yo Ghost, you want pussy on tap? Just walk downstairs, do your thing, then continue on with a good day?"

"Umm, yeah. I like that plan. I vote that one." Ghost nodded.

"So, let's kill the men." Shadow challenged.

"Well, we could do that but, see, I don't care if I'm beating a girl or guy. If we keep some of the guys around I won't kill off all your lady friends so soon. Let's just try it as a fun experiment. Once there all dead we can decide if it's a yay or nay idea." Hunter proposed.

"Alright." Shadow said reluctantly.

"Good, now Ghost. I see you grabbed your rifle. Think you can get a vantage point on these hooligans?" Hunter asked.

"Umm, yeah. I see a few." Ghost answered while glancing around.

"Good. Get to which ever one you think is best. Give me a bird call once you're there and have eyes on the targets. Count to twenty, then shoot the ones with guns. Watch the fallen guns. Shoot anyone who tries to pick them up, anyone but Raven. Understand?" Hunter instructed.

Ghost simply nodded before walking off in the opposite direction of the campers. Hunter watched for a moment before turning to Shadow and patting him on the shoulder.

"You and me, we're gonna do what we do best. We're gonna surround them, just the two of us, and take control of the situation."

Shadow nodded his head before asking, "He shoots on twenty?"

Hunter nodded back,"We move on twenty-five. Give him time to clear out the gunners."

"See you in the circle of love." Shadow jested before punching Hunter in the arm playfully and starting his walk around the circle.

Yeah, Hunter thought, see you there.

It took Ghost a while to get to his perch, but it gave the other two a chance to scope out the best angle of approach. Eventually, they heard a bird sound off in the dead of night and began counting in unison.

One. Two. Three.

"That isn't normal wildlife behavior bro." one of the men said.

Four. Five. Six.

"Alright guys, get ready. They're coming." another declared.

Seven. Eight. Nine.

"This is just like a fucking video game." someone else joked.

Ten. Eleven. Twelve.

"This isn't one of your damned games, Pay attention!" a fourth snapped.

Thirteen. Fourteen. Fifteen.

"I'm getting in the zone calm yourself!" the jester said in defense.

Sixteen. Seventeen. Eighteen.

"You scrawny little ass hole. Pay attention!" the other snapped back.

Nineteen. Twenty.

"Both of you, knock i-"

Blap! Blap!

Thump. Thump.

Twenty-one. Twenty-two. Twenty-three.

"Oh my God!"