chapter 13 - i'll take care of you

a/n: —self promo—
my instagram : @lcve.iris

1.46k reads
101 votes
1021 words
january 4th, 2019

hit that lil' star if you enjoyed!
-cici x
——
"do you know her?
the girl that looks to you
and would you love her
the way that she loved you?"
——
millie's pov

finn walked by my side, hands laced with mine, along the highway that lay between two small towns in british columbia.

he occasionally bumped his hip into mine to get an annoyed reaction resulting in a slap and/or a laughing fit.

the sun beat down on my face, causing small, almost invisible freckles to plaster across my glowing red, ice cold cheeks caused by the fall weather.

it was surprisingly warm for a late december afternoon, despite the chill that every so often swept across the rolling hills and ran down my spine.

"finnie?"

i turned my head to face the tall, mischievous boy.

"mhm?"

he raised his eyebrows, staring at the ground, watching his feet as we walked.

"we can't keep stealing to get by. that's just not going to work out in the long run."

a sigh of frustration escaped my lips.

finn's face dropped, still watching the ground beneath us.

"i know"

he mumbled.

"then what? what are we going to do, finnie?"

i grabbed his freckled hand, stopped, and turned him to face me.

"finn, this isn't going to work out without a proper plan. if we keep on being reckless, one of us is going to end up in jail. we can't keep living on the run."

i looked up at him, my eyes focused on his, that now look back at mine.

"mills.. it's december 20th."

"so..?"

"it means, i'll be 18 in 3 days. i'll be an adult. millie, i'll be able to take care of you. i'll be able to properly give you what you need."

finn reached for my hands, piercing the heart that stopped in my chest with his eyes that stared into my soul.

his ice cold fingertips sent chills down my spine, and electricity to all parts of my quivering body.

our hands fit so perfectly together.

we fit so perfectly together.

i felt so protected.

like i was safe.

nothing could touch me and drag me away from him.