chapter 1 - cherry lipgloss and stray skirts

hello!
thank you for deciding to click on this :)
-cici x

P.S. - the song i based this book on is 'Red' by Taylor Swift

" love the way you shiver, dig into my shoulder blades "

losing him was blue like i've never known - missing him was dark grey all alone, forgetting him was like tryna know somebody you've never met-

my alarm clock on my phone played the familiar tune i woke up to every morning.

6:30 AM

i groaned and gripped the pillow that was covering my ears tighter.

tap tap tap

opening my eyes in annoyance, i grabbed the pillow resting underneath my legs and threw it at the window. the  early morning sunlight shone through, burning my eyes like acid.

"wake up, bratface."

the window opened and revealed my overly obnoxious neighbor, known for blasting 80's rock music out of his Ferrari, breaking too many laws to count, and being the heartthrob of the town. Finn Wolfhard. exactly who i wanted to see to put me in a good mood for the day. notice the sarcasm.

unfortunately i had the honor of moving in next door to this piece of lint 8 years ago, when i came to live with my foster family. my parents died in a plane crash over the atlantic ocean, and i barely remember them. soon, much to my dismay, finn's mom and my foster mom became best friends, forcing finn and i to tolerate eachother while our guardians hung out.
he was also my only way to get to school, other than walking. my mom insisted that he drove me, so i wouldn't get raped or some shit. isn't it fun being a girl!1!1!1

anywhoo, finn was seated on a branch, attached to the enormous maple tree that separated our houses. i swear the poor boy will break his thick skull someday. he had stuck a bright yellow sticky note to the glass, and was sporting a smirk.

" your handsome ride leaves at 8:00 AM, so get the fuck out of bed. also, wear a smile millster, you don't wanna scar the world with your fuckin scary frown. cya moneky brain
-finnequa "

his handwriting was oh too recognizable. i grabbed my stuffed frog and threw it the glass, and spit my tongue at him.

"God, you're so childish, brown."
he snickered.

"Wolfhard, i thought your motive was to get me awake so i would get ready and not make his highness late. well, i'm already awake obviously, and i'm pretty sure you don't wanna watch me change into my uniform, no matter how perverted you already might be."

i snap at the boy, causing him to chuckle.

"someday, m'lady."

finn smirked and crawled back into his window. gross.

i muttered a few curse words under my breath and threw my covers lazily and sloppily onto the worn carpet.

"alexa, open spotify and play 'bella's lullaby- from twilight.'"

"now playing 'bella's lullaby- from twilight.... by black moon lovers."

the speaker on my windowsill turned on and played the piano tune. one reason why i picked this song is 1., its a cute song, and 2., finn hates twilight, so therefore his morning will be ruined.

i grinned, pleased with myself.

"new message- from 'finnequa dickhard' ...... 'i hate u so much bobby brown'"

this caused me to snort as i tied my short, wavy brown hair into a high ponytail.

"alexa, open new message to 'finnequa dickhard'... "hey finnie love, ihy2. u just love it don't you." .... send, alexa."

this kid was closer to me than a brother, even if we hated eachother with all of our hearts. right? i'm pretty sure that's what i felt towards him. pure hatred. he made my heart burn, my stomach twist, and my hair stand up on my arms everytime he spoke to me. that's hatred, right?

i rolled my eyes and slipped a pair of pantyhose onto my thin, tanned legs, over my bottom, and then fastened them over my waist.

thud thud thud

finn again. what the hell?

"what do you want, bitchface?"
i yelled, over 'complicated, by avril lavigne' playing on my stereo.

he stuck his left arm out and opened my window, and threw in a blue pleated skirt.

"what the hell is this?"

"how am i supposed to know, brown? i found it in my room, and i'm sure it isn't mine. it's a school uniform skirt for girls."
he replied, shrugging.

"aww, are you sure? i bet it would go nicely with your leg hairs and extra small underwear."
i shrug, grabbing a bottle of cherry lipgloss and smearing it onto my lips, ignoring the curly haired boy in my window.

"but seriously, dickhard. it's not mine. when have i ever gone into your room and undressed out of my skirt?"
i rolled my eyes in disgust.

"unfortunately, you never have, kitten."
he smirked playfully and let a fake moaning sound escape his chapped lips.

"you're vile, wolfhard. need i remind you that i only have see through pantyhose on right now, and i feel very exposed. would you get out? they aren't mine."
i applied a thin layer of mascara over my lashes and threw a beauty blender at the window, hitting the boy in the jaw.

"owww! you little fucker."
he chuckled. a grin crept onto my lips. he was a dork. a disgusting dork.

"they must be iris's. well. see ya later you lil' brat."
finn winked and shut my window.

i rolled my eyes and checked myself over in the vanity.

'they must be iris's'

finn's words replayed in my mind.

iris?

finn and miss perfect, the biggest slut in the school, who slept with any guy who held eye contact with her for over 3 seconds, had been hanging out recently. but i didn't know she went to his room and undressed.
gross.

but why do i care?

finn and i were neighbors, and we hated eachother. we were frenemies, and that's all we would ever be. right?

why won't he leave my mind then?