chapter seven

heavy stuff is at play once again, but you will understand why as you read it.

oOo

It was hours later before Murdoc had decided to check on 2D. He wanted to know what was wrong with the bluenette, wanting to slowly coax it out of him, but not force the answer. He didn't know whether or not it would truly be a good idea. Standing in front of the door to the bedroom, Murdoc knocked lightly and was surprised to hear a response letting him in. He opened the door and was met with 2D lying on the bed, his hands behind his head as he stared up at the ceiling. Through the dim light provided by a lamp, it looked as if the bluenette were talking to himself quietly. Dark eyes met Murdoc's own mismatched ones and the seemingly one-sided conversation came to a sudden halt.

"Are– are you alright? You've been up here all day," Murdoc questioned, concern present in his voice, and 2D nodded. "Peachy," he stated swiftly, and his gaze returned to the ceiling. "Oh, okay. Are you hungry? I called Noodle, and she and Russ are picking up some uh... takeout."

"Sure, why not," was the response, which was delivered swiftly once again. Having nothing more to say, Murdoc exited the room, closing the door behind him. But instead of leaving, he put his ear to the door, hoping to get an insight into what was wrong with his friend.

"I already told you, he does care. He even had Noodle order takeout."

"You're just saying that to make me feel miserable. Well, great fuckin' work. I feel utterly miserable and I want to die. You happy? Are you goddamn happy that I finally admitted it?"

"Of course you'd be overjoyed. I was fine until you came along. Maybe she was right."

Murdoc quickly walked into the living room and sat down, confused at what he'd just heard. Who was the woman 2D spoke of? What had she said? Who the hell was Stuart speaking to? So many questions buzzed through his head, giving him a splitting headache. Now he knew exactly what 2D went through during his many migraines, sometimes identified as a migraine with aura. Those were the worst ones and the bluenette had experienced them more often than needed.

A knock on the door interrupted Murdoc's thinking, so he stood and went to answer it. Noodle and Russel were stood in the doorway with bags donning the Mcdonald's logo, as well as a drink carrier. Not exactly considered takeout, but it'd have to do. The Satanist gestured for the two to come in and shut the door. "I'll go retrieve 2D," he stated before returning to the door separating 2D's bedroom from the rest of the house.

As he knocked on the door, there was a small crash – which followed a quiet argument – before the door opened and Stuart stood in the doorway. A smirk was plastered across his face, but his eyes held a different emotion despite being devoid of any color. "Hello Murdoc. Noodle and Russel are here?" he questioned and though Murdoc felt off about the entire situation, he didn't question it and instead nodded.

The two proceeded to make their way into the living room, where the food had been separated by whose food belonged to whom. 2D sat on the sofa in front of a bag and a medium tropic berry Sprite, which had been previously deemed as his. He pulled a sandwich out of the bag, concluding by the yellow wrapper that it was a McChicken. He blinked twice, and began to unwrap the sandwich before taking a bite.

"I got you a McDouble, a McChicken, fries and nuggets, if that's okay?" Noodle questioned and 2D nodded. "It's fine, thanks," he replied, taking another bite of the sandwich. The recently chewed food didn't sit right in his stomach, but he forced it to stay down. The pain of having food in his stomach felt like a shockwave, pulsating through his body until he began to feel nauseous. He was causing all of this and there was no possible way for him to be stopped, at least to the knowledge of anyone who'd ever attempted to stop him.