Chapter 1: Intro/7 years ago

~7 years ago~

Y/n Pov

Fire... Fire everywhere... My head hurts, is this blood on me... Fuck, my head hurts. What happened, the village is... DESTROYED!!! What, what could of caused this.

"Oh God" I said, terrified as I looked around to see my village torn to shreds.

Minakawa, the once beautiful, peaceful place I used to call home, now turned to hell

I stood up trying to see if I can find my parents while at the same time trying to find any survivors. Someone, anyone that can explain to me what happened. Why has our home been destroyed, what did we ever do to anybody. For the most part, Minakawa was a very isolated village. We never waged war or attacked anyone. So why...

"Shit!!" I yelled as I notice a wound on my shoulder.

"Well, it doesn't look severe, just hurts like hell" I said, continuing my search.

"Hello, anybody there!?" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

No response. I tried over and over again but heard no response each time. I kept up hope for maybe, just maybe, somebody could yell back but all I saw was death... More and more of it everyone i knew and loved just dead. I rushed home still hopeful that my parents would still be alive.

"Mom!!! Dad!!! Anybody!!!" I let out a cry, trying to remember the good times we had.

I turned the corner to see the old red house.. Slightly burned but still, looked promising. I rushed with tears on my eyes praying that they were alive.

Mom... Dad... Please, oh please be alive, don't leave me alone. I still need you guys with me.

I bursted through the door. As I walked in I could see everything was a mess. Jars and old family photo's broken on the floor, furniture flipped over.

"Mom?" I slowly walked towards the living room.

"Where could they be, the kitchen, upstairs..."

I decided to go to the kitchen but found nothing. I decided to pick up a knife and head upstairs to find my worst nightmare come true...

"MOM, DAD!!!" I rushed to them, jumping back a little as I saw the whole in their chest from what looks like a sword impalement.

"Who... Why... Mom, Dad... Nooooo!!!" I cried out, tears rolling down from my eyes.

I couldn't believe it, they were really gone. This had to be a dream right?! Yes this is all just a a dream and I'll wake up and next thing you know I'll be with them again right? RIGHT?!

"Hey... Keep it down boy, don't you see I'm trying to rest here"

I heard that voice before, I slowly turned around to see my father's old man, Grandpa Ryu. I crawled to him ready to give him a hug when I noticed something in his stomach.

"Your wounded" I said looking at him with a petrified look.

"Don't worry about it, my time was coming soon anyways" he said to me with a smile in his face.

"Don't say that!!! I'll go find a kit and patch you up don't worry gramps I'll take care of you" I tried to get up but he grabbed my arm before I could go.

"No, it's too late" he said looking me in the eyes

"Stop it I can still-"

"Y/n I said stop!!" he yelled in a serious tone.

"Enough, there's no saving me boy, you need to hurry and get out of here" he said with a serious look in his face.

"Here, have this, it's called the Soul of Erebus, you remember the story of it right" he said handing me the katana.

"Why" was all I could muster up as I looked at its sheath.

"You mustn't take out that blade from it's sheath unless it's an emergency got it, multiple want it for the power it processes"

"I know it will be a heavy burden on you but just know I believe in you and I know you'll take care of it boy. Remember you're a member of the Minakawa village, most importantly you are a L/n" he looked at me a smiled once again.

"Who.. Who did this to our home Grandpa... Please, tell me, I have to know" I asked looking down at the katana handed to me.

"...." he didn't answer.

"Grandpa Please?!" I begged.

"... It was you Y/n.."

I looked up with wide eyes in disbelief.

Me... I did this, no impossible. I couldn't, I don't... I.. no, how could I have done this. I loved this place, the people. There's no way I could have...

"You don't remember boy, you went into a rage and called upon that sword to give you power" he spoke.

"So it gave it to you, you enter into the Bezerker form... Attacked everyone" he began to explain everything.

"I got lucky you were out of stamina but before i knew it, I was the only one" he looked towards me.

"I took and put the blade in its sheath just to make sure"

"I don't blame you though child, I blame myself.. After all, I gave up your soul to the blade..." he said with regret in his face.

I looked at the ground and there was a silence in the room.

He... What?!

"You did what" I lifted my eyes to meet his.

"You did WHAT!!!" I screamed at him tears slowly rolling down my eyes.

"I always thought you were strong, strong enough to wield it, I see you still need some more training, but I know you'll be strong enough to protect the people you love, I believe in you child" he said before looking down.

"I also hope you can find it in you to one day, forgive me for putting you through this. I love you Y/n.." he said before closing his eyes.

"Gramps, hey gramps... Wake up, gramps please" tears running down my cheek again.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" I let out a cry as I hold my grandfather in my arms.

Here I am once again, alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note-
So this is my very story ever so forgive some misspelled words or just mess ups in general. I've read some koneko x reader books that i like but i just felt like doing it a little different. I definitely am going to make this a long series, chapters probably not this long maybe a little bit shorter. Let me know what you think of it. Id like to thank the people who've inspired me in starting this book Relentlezz41
Animefreak1988 OblivionHero & Murusama i hope if any of you have read it so far can give me any tips or criticism on how to improve. Also if you liked it :)