My Dear Beloved Lila, I'm Sorry.

"Before I even ASK what happened, I want your proof. I'm not gonna deal with any more of your jokes!" My father yelled at my hiding behind his shadowy flames of hell sitting in his thrown looking down upon me. My two brothers, Emmett and Samul, and my mother, Clara, stood behind me glaring in my direction the whole time. Emmett was the worst tempered of the bunch. When I came home with the news he almost tore me to pieces as if I hand fallen through a large paper shredder.

        I shoved my hand in my hoddie pocket pulling out a small sealed tube. Inside was a red liquid still warm and think from the body. I raised the tube so the light of the flames hit it just right making a small glare. "Here is your evidence..." I tossed up the tube to my father and he grabbed it with his large hands examining it carefully. I stood in once place waiting for him to reply. I pulled up my hood flattening my ears and hid my tail under my shirt, wrapping it around my torso. Shoving my hands in my pockets with my think black hair covering my face. I felt as if I was trying to hide my self from the world.

        "What happened..?" My father finally spoke loud and clear. I took a deep breath preparing myself to tell the story of my life time. Horrific to me and disturbing to other.

        "Lets start just before it happened..." I said sighing out closing my eyes recalling the past few hours. "I was sitting in my room worrying about what might or could happen. Lila had gotten in to my Guardian work of the D.G.S that YOU made me join." I heard him growl form above me not wanting to interrupt me but still wanting to take or do some kind of action.

        "Anyway... Lila somehow got mixed up with some 'Wicked Whryms'. Next thing I knew I got a flaming arrow through my window this afternoon. It read that three of those demons had kidnapped Lila and were holding her hostage for only a few hours before the killed her. That gave me the chance to try and go out and find her. Luckily with my fine smelling skills and eye sight I could track her down with ease though it took me into the middle of the forest." I dragged my foot across the ground getting sick and light headed.

        "When I founder she was tied to a post bound by thick, heavy ropes. Her wrists were already bleeding along with the surface of her neck and ankles. Her eyes were pleading for help, her mouth covered by duct tape." I swallowed my spit clearing my throat.

        "I tired to take a step forward to her but, out of nowhere, those damn demons, two out of three of them came and grabbed my arms twisting them behind my back as they shoved down on my shoulders forcing my to my knees. The other appeared behind Lila. It stood and talked. Mocked. Taunted me. Then... then...." I whispered as tears started to crawl over my eye. "They tore her apart. Limb form limb. The forced my to watch as she tried to scream out for me. I watched, worthless, as the lights behind her eyes faded." I was practically balling silently now. My father stood from his thrown motioning for me to come to him.

        I walked through the flames without getting a single burn. He was playing a poker face. "Max..." He said lightly."He said and trailed off with a soft tone. Was he really not mad?

        His claws answered that.

        He was overly mad. Feed up with me more than anything.

        His claw tared through the skin right under my left eye leaving five claw marks that that would scar my face forever. I walked back down the steps backwards paranoid he would do something else to me. I reached the bottom walking out of the flames and past my family scowling at me. Fathers last words to me where "Ungrateful son Max, Your shunned for life by me and your family!" 

        I walked away, back to the locations of Lilas murder holding my cheek trying to stop the bleeding. I sat in front of the make shift grave i had made for her. Her body, or body parts, lay under a pile of dirt with a large tree branch sticking out the top that said 'R.I.P Lila Rizet'. Under the the flaming stars I leaned against the branch crying to myself wishing, wanting to be strong so I could have saved and protected her. I wish I could go back in time and do things differently. Spend more time with her. Be closer to her.

        I could almost feel her touch on my back as I looked over my shoulder seeing nothing but the cold dark forest and the bright moon shinning down on me. I felt like even the moon was shunning me.

                                                                My dear beloved Lila,

                                                                                                I'm sorry...

                                                                                                           ~Max Rizet