two

Maisy opens her bright blue eyes, the tiredness still seeping from them as she covers her mouth with her right hand, an audible yawn filling the silent guest bedroom. she smiles to herself, letting her head sink into the comfy pillow that collects all her dreams from the night before. she sighs blissfully, processing everything. she's actually here.

     "who are you?".

sitting upright at the sound of a voice, maisy stares at the small girl that stands at the bottom of the bed, clutching a stuffed penguin in her arms. she has a french braid in her hair and is wearing fuzzy pyjamas with unicorns on them.

      "hi, you must be olivia" maisy smiles, her heartbeat returning to its normal pace. olivia nods, lifting her chin into the air a little.

    she lets her small arms fall by her sides, the penguin still held firmly in her hand. olivia begins to climb onto the bed, crawling up beside the strange girl who slept in her house.

   "i don't like strangers. but you seem nice" olivia states, admiring maisy's shimmering blue eyes that are the opposite to her bright emerald ones.

      smiling at the comment, maisy laughs lightly. "yeah..." she trials off. "i'm a nice stranger".

     the bedroom door starts to open slowly, mackenzie's concerned face making an appearance after a few seconds. she lets her face relax when she notices that maisy is already awake but fails to notice that her daughter is beside the blonde.

      "morning momma" olivia chirps, standing up and stumbling towards mackenzie, who is surprised to see her.

     she opens her arms for the little girl to fall into, spinning her around when she catches her. "morning my little duckling, why aren't you downstairs, eating breakfast" mackenzie questions, her focus only on her child.

   maisy watches the interaction take place. she longs for that kind of mother daughter relationship. and she would have gotten it if it weren't for carson taking her away from the only mother and father she's ever had.

      "mais? you okay?".

  snapping out of her unhappy state of mind, maisy shakes her head, passing it off as a daydream. she beams, smiling largely. "never better".

    mackenzie nods slowly, not fully believing her but deciding not to push the girl. she kisses olivia's temple before setting her down on the floor so she can run down stairs and eat.

     "see you at breakfast stranger girl" olivia calls as she leaves the room. both mackenzie and maisy chuckle at the nickname that the youngest orlando in the house has chosen to give maisy.

    mackenzie is unsure of what she should say. what do you say to your daughter that isn't your daughter but could have been if things turned out differently?

     "why don't you come down stairs for breakfast, johnny makes the best waffles and bacon" mackenzie hums, her mouth watering.

     maisy smiles, liking that idea. she hasn't eaten in a while. maybe since yesterday morning? she's honestly lost track to be quite honest.

      together, the two girls walk downstairs, their stomachs rumbling instantly as the fresh smell of waffle mixture and crispy bacon, fill their noses. maisy follows behind kenzie as they make their way into the large kitchen with marble counter tops and checked floor tiles. the whole house screams wealthy and maisy finds it rather intimidating.

     "uh who's the weird chick?" parker asks as he chews on a strip of canadian bacon.

  his sons question reminds johnny that they have a guest in the house. he puts down his spatula and turns around, catching a glimpse of maisy before his eyes wonder to his wife.

      "son, don't be rude" johnny says.

    mackenzie only sighs at her husbands pathetic attempt to scowl their son that didn't need to say something like that. she shrugs it off however, not wanting to make a scene in front of the kids nor maisy. she guides maisy to the seat next to hers and notices that both of her sons are staring at maisy in an odd way. she can't blame them for being confused but mackenzie has no idea what to tell them right now. she pinches olivia's cheek before turning to face maisy.

     "waffles?".

  ________________________________________________________________________
DID U REALLY THINK I WASN'T GONNA FINISH THIS MF STORY 🤧

I MISSED THIS SERIES
I LOVE THIS SERIES
IMMA FINISH THIS SERIES