Unfair Circumstances

It just wasn't fair... So many innocent kids were becoming a monster's meal....

The monsters didn't do anything to earn pure human... Umm... flesh, I guess?

I felt myself clenching my fists with rage. Kate and me were lucky. We didn't get selected.. I wonder how Kate survived for so long.. After the bars closed,  I fumed.. Kate told me that this was the hour when the monsters pick their meals for tomorrow.. She didn't  need to..

Great!! I was starving & lunch time was already over! I complained to Kate and she told me to ring the bell on top of the cell and make a special lunch request ( SLR). I expected a special feast for newcomers. 

Ok, so I did. The guy who came looked SCARY. I would not be surprised if this dude was a monster. I stammered for lunch as I was a newcomer. The food that came was just EWW!! Half cup water, watery oatmeal, spoiled milk custard and BITTER oranges....

 Kate knocked on my wall to get my attention. I was irritated. First, no good food.. Now, this knocking when I was trying to get some sleep in that freezer.. I screamed," WHAT??" This startled her. I apologized but she replied in a small voice," Been there, done that......" and so, wasn't too sad. 

She said," Hey Giselle... I have been here for very long. I have carefully studied this place and I have a plan to escape. If  you trust me, you can join me...."

I murmured," I trust you..." She reminded me of my older sister, Jenny. Oh, I miss home.

She told me her plan.. 

"If we get selected, we will have to line up near the pool where all the severed body parts are stored with blood. At the bottom of the pool, there is a drain huge enough to fit both of us. If we can manage o get the lid open, jump in & close the lid back in time, we have a chance of survival. Or a simple, fast and horrible devour."

I asked back," Are you sure this will work?"

She shrugged and said, " You trusted me.."