Another Piece

After Marco left I found myself sitting down on the bed. I was tired, vaguely confused, and feeling hopeful. I had met a lot of new people.

I heard a Tap-tap-tap on my barred window, and briefly my mind brought up an image of Tails Doll. Quickly I hopped off the bed and stepped over to the window, blinking at what I saw.

"Yllek?" I asked, leaning forwards to inspect her face. She looked less pale than usual, and she was tapping the window impatiently.

"Finally!" My eyes widened, because for the first time her voice didn't sound fake at all. It sounded like it was coming directly from the window.

"These freaks have been occupying me the entire time we've been here! You would not believe how difficult it is to reign them all in when they're over excited." I took a closer look at the reflection of her in the mirror. Seemingly behind her, countless black figures writhed around the room. Some of them appeared to have a montage of human parts scattered over their bodies, others just had mouths which would open and close wordlessly.

"W-who are they?" I asked, watching as one began crawling towards Yllek, only for her to kick it away angrily.

"They're people we knew who died a long time ago. Apparently they just don't know how to stay dead!" More of the Black figures began to approach her, and she reached into her pocket and pulled out my knife. Well, a reflection of my knife.

"People we knew?" But that didn't make sense, I didn't know enough people to have this many be dead.

"Look Kelly, sister, I'm not going to spell it out for you. It's just not your time to know, you'll understand when you're strong enough and old enough to put the pieces together." She stabbed one of the figures and it let out an audible screech. We both flinched, and she regretfully yanked the knife out of its back before putting it away.

"Tch. Well anyways, do you know what you're going to do yet? That 'party' thing is happening soon." She made her way to the side of the window and I looked past her to the outside of the mansion. There I saw hundreds of the Unknown, the ones I'd seen in Lost Silver's room if the number was correct, swarming around the walls of the mansion.

Briefly one of them stopped by my window and it seemed to wave at me. I recognized it as the one I had tried to use as a doorknob when I first tried to enter the mansion. I raised my hand, waved back, and it quickly flew away again to continue its work.

Yllek scoffed at us both and then proceeded to gesture towards the storm of Unknowns. "My guess is that they're setting up some sort of portal or barrier around the grounds of this place. They're either trying to keep us all in, or they're getting ready to transport us all away from here. My money is on the first option."

Looking out from my window I watched in surprise as the shimmering portals from earlier all began to indent, as if people were coming through. I remembered hearing that they were the doorways to the mansion from that other red place I had been in before, and a bridge between this world and the regular one.

I watched first as a lone figure made its way through the portal. It wore a black hoodie, and black pants as well as an ovular blue mask stained with some kind of dripping substance.

Next, from the portal on the right a girl appeared. She had messy brown hair, wore a white tank top and a green furry coat which hung off of her shoulders. I squinted my eyes and found that her left eye had been replaced by something, and that the sides of her mouth had several stitches.

Several more came through the various entryways, perhaps ten, and even more emerged from the forest itself. One of the creatures which wandered in from the trees had a heavy black pelt, and a patchwork fleshy skull for its head. The person wearing the blue mask, who I was pretty sure was a guy, waited for the large animal to catch up to him.

I could see them all approaching the front doors of the mansion, and the Unknown allowed them inside.

From somewhere downstairs I heard a loud series of shouting, then all of the light in my room disappeared.

A low rumbling voice echoed throughout the mansion, a voice that could only belong to the owner of the house: Slenderman.

"In a few short moments we shall begin. Everyone, please make your way into the main foyer of the mansion. If you do not arrive within ten minutes you shall be escorted there promptly. I wish everyone the best of luck in the events that are to come. Do not keep us waiting."

Yllek and I shared a look in the window, and as I moved towards the door of my room she and I shared a nod.

"Don't worry sister. They will never separate us again."

I opened the door to find an orange snout close to my face. Swinging in the doorway was my old friend Tails Doll.