A little groaping

Valkyrie walked into her room holding a damp towel against her chest, humming a tune to herself. She kicked the door closed and looked up. Immediately she gasped and almost​ dropped her towel, but she grasped onto it desperately. She spun on the spot and faced the door to fix her towel.

"What are you doing here?"She asked, turning around to glare at the laughing skeleton, leaning against the wall. He lowered his jaw, trying to speak, but no words came out, so he closed it. Valkyrie raised her eyebrows and walked forward. "What is it? Are you in shock?" She looked down at her self "Nope I'm all covered, that can't be it." She laughed, trying to get him to object, but no avail. Concerned, she put a hand on his arm and he snapped out of his trance. He looked at her,

"Hello?" He said, the corners of Valkyries mouth twitched upwards and she asked if he was okay. "Well no one is dead, so yes." Valkyrie nodded slowly, still confused.

"Okay... Well why are you in my room, at 9pm, on a Saturday night?" She challenged, then she gasped "Was that sarcasm before? Is someone dead? Who died?" Skulduggery shook his head and chuckled,

"No one is dead, that wasn't sarcasm." He muttered, chuckling. "Now about that case-"

"Skulduggery!" Valkyrie growled, cutting him off. He froze, contemplating.

"I- I just- I erm- I can't. I'm Sorry, I need to leave..." He went to step out the window but Valkyrie stopped him, pressing the palm of her hand onto his chest.

"Stop right there, Mr Pleasant. I don't care how unpleasant this thing is you need to say is, you are going to tell me, right now!" She paused "If you don't tell me, I will drop my towel!" Valkyrie threatened and her grip on the towel loosened, Skulduggery frowned and his head cocked t one side.

"You wouldn't," He said confidently, crossing his arms. Valkyrie didn't take her eyes off him.

"Don't challenge me." She said letting the towel slip out of her grasp again slightly. Skulduggery coughed and looked away.

"Okay, I wanted to say- no ask- no-"

"Say it!"

"Right, I apologize." He muttered, "I like someone, but because I am me, they won't like me back." He stuttered, his ego deflating, like a balloon; slowly, painfully and noisily. Valkyrie snorted and Skulduggery recoiled, confused and insulted.

"Sorry, but which "like" are you on about?" She asked teasingly, she did her best to put her hands on her hips, without the towel falling. Skulduggery growled and his head tilted forward slightly, he was "raising his eye brows", Valkyrie laughed and copied his action.

"Forget like. It's stronger than that." He muttered looking away. Valkyrie allowed the disappointment to show on her face for a second, before grinning,

"So? Who's the lucky girl?" She asked, playing it cool. He glanced at her, his thoughts, loud and many, reverberated around in his head. He picked a random one,

"If you get dressed, I'll tell you." He said, with a smile in his voice. Valkyrie smiled and turned on her heels, striding out the room and closing the door with her foot. Straight away Skulduggery scanned the room for a notepad, or at least some paper and a pen. He started to panic, he kept looking, walking forward to open a drawer and sitting there was a note pad, he reached in to pick it up; when suddenly Valkyrie burst in. She looked at him and he looked at her. Quickly he held up a note pad and she frowned.

"I had an Idea." He muttered quickly and Valkyrie nodded. Their eyes never left eachother, Valkyrie reached to her bed and picked up some clothes.

"I forgot these." She muttered and walked back out the door he pressed the pen to the page and Valkyrie popped her head back in. When she saw he was still there she disappeared again. Quickly he scribbled something down and climbed out the window, he put the notepad on the window ledge and dropped down; without looking back.

~~~~

Valkyrie strolled as casually as possible into her room, into her empty room. Valkyrie grunted and her eyes caught sight of the note pad, grumbling she stomped over to it and picked it up lazily. She read the neat writing of the page and her eyes started welling up.

"Well fuck." Valkyrie mumbled and dropped it on the floor and leaned out the window. The Bentley was gone. As quickly as she could, she slipped out the window. The impact slung her feet, without her boots, and pain shot up her leg; she ignored it and pulled the keys of the Ompa loompa out, as she stumbled towards her car. Once she was in, she started it and sped onto the road, leaving nothing but tire tracks behind. She could see the Bentley in the distance and she sped up, doing 70 on a 30 miles per hour road. She caught up quickly and she drove past him, when she was within breaking distance, she yanked the wheel sideways and stopped the car in front of him. The she got out and stood by the door of her car, facing him in the car speeding towards her; the Bentley's breaks screeched and it rolled to a stop inches away from her. She walked towards the drivers door and she grinned when he got out the car. He slammed the door and stood there, Valkyrie didn't stop walking. Finally she had what she wanted, a confirmation that Skulduggery loved her back; nothing could stop her now. She stopped, millimeters away from his skull.

"I nearly crashed the Ompa loompa 'cause of you!" She laughed against his teeth.

"I'm worth it." He replied with a smile in his voice. She looked up at him,

"Also..." She murmured, but couldn't finish her sentence; so she grabbed his tie and pulled him down to her and her lips connected with his teeth. Skulduggery immediately reacted and one, gloved, hand cupped her face while the other, activated his facade. She pulled back, shocked at the sudden flesh and she scowled "Why do we need that?" Skulduggery frowned,

"Wouldn't you rather me kissing you back?" He replied "Or are you actually enjoying my teeth?" Valkyrie glared.

"Yes I would like you to kiss me back," Skulduggery leant in, and Valkyrie put a hand on his chest "But it isn't right, It doesn't​'t feel like you." Skulduggery frowned.

"But what can I do? I don't just want to stand here, while you snog my face off." He replied and Valkyrie snorted, unattractively.

"You have hands don't you?" She asked batting his hand away and deactivating the facade. "A little groping never hurt anyone." She stated, moving his hand down her lower back.