In my view were two teenage boys and what looked to be their mother. She was telling them to quiet down as they hoot and hollered at their laptops. Must be a video game or something. Across from them was a couple. They looked to be about early to mid 20s and they had a distinctive Irish accent as they talked to each other. The guy had his arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder. Softly talking to each other as if no one was in the room with them. That also started to form a lump in my throat so I looked away.

However, across from me was a woman. She was probably my age maybe I little older. I noticed a couple of times her looking up from her book and glancing over at me. But this time she was full on staring. Maybe it was the two big men who were surrounding me but she was only looking at me.

She was quite attractive but nowhere near as pretty as Arianna. This girl had dark brown hair that was cut short to about her shoulder. Her brown eyes peeked threw a pair of glasses propped up on a freckled nose. She was wearing a purple dress that was a little short as she was sitting but didn’t reveal anything.

When I figured I was looking at her for too long I looked away, leaving me the only place to look, my hands.

“The flight to Los Angeles, California is now boarding. We will take seats-“ the announcer at the desk said, I quickly got up and grabbed my bag, thanking the body guards as I entered the plane.

Once in my seat, which is in first class, I released a sigh. I just wanted to get as far away from New York as possible. I looked out of my window, glancing at the surroundings, and then closed the curtain. Blocking any light coming in. I closed my eyes ready to relax when I stream of light appeared on my face.

I groaned but then silenced myself as I saw who was sitting in front of me, the girl from earlier. She was adjusting the curtain and the sun from outside shined backwards into my seat. She saw me looking at her and she smiled.

“Hi.” I said moving my head out of the light. “Do you mind…um...?” I pointed to her window and she shyly smiled.

“Oh. I’m sorry, here ill close It.” she leaned forward closing her window. Then she returned her attention to me. “Hi I’m Kate Fouler.” She reached her hand out and I took it. And shook it smiling at her. Then she paused and stared at me. “And you are?” she looked confused but not as much as me.

“You don’t know who I am?” she shook her head and laughed. “I don’t mean to sound cocky but you really don’t know?” then she nodded her head again. “Sorry, I’m Josh Hutcherson.”

“Nice. Am I supposed to know you?” she laughed again and I laughed with her.

“No. it’s okay.” I smiled at her and she returned it before turning away and sitting down. I sighed and closed my eyes again.

I tried to think about anything other than Arianna, but it was hard. All I could see when I closed my eyes was her pained face when I broke up with her, tears streaming down her face. Then, finally, her walking away and leaving.

I pulled out my phone and frowned when I didn’t find a missed call or even a text message from Arianna. Can I blame her? She must be pissed at me. I closed my eyes one last time before drifting off into a nap with the lump in my throat that I had before.

~~

I was awakening by the ding on the intercom saying that the captain said we may move out of our seats. Apparently I had napped through a lot of bumpy turbulence and hadn’t wakened up at all.

I jumped when I looked over to see the girl plop herself in the seat next to me. Kim was it? I couldn’t remember her name.

“So, how was your nap?” she asked as she turned to me.