CHAPTER 7

Adam's P.O.V

         Dad was extra happy about the chosen girl. I wouldn't blame him, I would be happy myself if I was the one. He never got up. Never leaves his room. Too much breeze makes him sick. He's too fragile. As I stared at him, I realized his cheeks and eyes were sunken. His hair and beards were golden grey already. He's just 52. No more than that. I'm glad I found his cure.

You might think I'm wicked. I don't care. Just imagine your father laying on the same spot for 10 years, getting aged very fast. You can't touch him. The loving father you once had had become bitter. Gets angry at little things. Above all, gets injected to sleep whenever the pain comes. For 10 years. Now, you find the cure, how would u react? Gullible? No I'm not. I would do anything for my Dad to get well. I don't know about you but I definitely will.

"So, when will you bring her?"

"Bring her?" The question hit me. I hadn't thought of that. I was focused on finding her. I could lead him to her.

"Yes fool, do you expect me to go after her myself?"
Oh no, he can't get angry.

"No. Of course not. But how do I get her here?" I can't drag her here. That's kidnapping, isn't it?

"Use your pull, fool!"

"She resisted it. She can. I tried it on her"
  His mouth fell open, eyes wide, head lifted. He's surprised. I was too.

"She.. She did?"

"Yes"

"Then find something else. Drag her here, kidnap her or sweet talk her. Do something! I'm dying!"

"Dad, what you are asking of me is something I can't risk. She is powerful and I could get killed!" I'm not going to put myself at risk. She was powerful enough to burn me with just a look in the eye! What if she flicked her wrist?

"Sweet talk her, Adam. Make her come on her own will. She will listen to you"

How would I do that? How will I sweetly tell someone to die? Why would she listen to me? Dad's already frustrating me. I thought I had done the best thing a son would do for his father.

I nodded curtly and walked out of the room. I'm feeling too warm inside me. I went into the kitchen for a drink.

"Adam... "

I smiled at mom. She's the sweetest person I know. Slow to anger. After everything dad had put her through, she was still strong. Even if she looks tired all the time, she never says so. Never complains. Gentle to a fault.

"I heard you telling your father you found the chosen girl" She whispered. Why?

"Aren't you happy?" I got confused at her sudden change. She should be happy the burden will be lifted from her soon.

"Adam, listen to me carefully. Your father... "

"Mary!" Dad barked from his room

"You should attend to him. You know how he gets"
She nodded with a forced smile as she rushed to answer Dad.

Mom was just being worried...