Chapter 6

It had taken you a while to get use to Kenpachi's brash personality. He wasn't as bad as others made him out to be. From all the rumors you heard he was nothing but a cold hearted mad man. Surprisingly, Kenpachi was pretty considerate. You had been training with him for a little over seven weeks and he wasn't as ruthless as you thought he'd be. You still had a hard time really learning to fight with your sword but he was patient, which came as a shock to you.

Whenever you were at your breaking point he gave you a considerate amount of time to recover. Of course he always covered it up saying "You wouldn't be any fun to fight if you weren't at your strongest." or "You look pathetic, quit grovelling and take a rest." His words were harsh but you could tell he cared, even if he tried his hardest not to show it.

Today was like any other, you were training with Kenpachi, but this time you had an audience. Yachiru, Ikkaku and Yumichika sat on a small ledge watching you and Kenpachi below in the training grounds.

You squared your feet watching Kenpachi keenly. He stood with a bored look on his face. "Hurry and attack, it's getting boring." you flinched just realizing you were just staring at him.

"R-Right!" you used flashstep, vanishing from sight. Kenpachi didn't look the least bit worried.

The next time he caught you in his line of sight, you were above. "H-Hado 32, Yellow Fire Flas-" before you could fully form the attack Kenpachi grabbed you by the throat. You gritted your teeth as he tossed you to the ground. Your body made impact with the ground harshly, creating a crater as dust and rubble flew everywhere.

You grimaced feeling the ache in your bones. When the dust settled you gasped about to yell a out a kido spell when you spotted Kenpachi right above you.

"Baku-" He gripped both your wrist pinning them above your head. You grunted at the force on your hands. Kenpachi was hovering over your body. When you opened your eyes you flushed at your position. His legs were on either side of you, force keeping you in place.

"W-what's wrong with me...I-I'm supposed to be training.." you couldn't focus with him so close. All you could think about was how delicious his body would feel pressed against your own.

Your eyes widened at your thoughts. You turned your head breaking eyes contact. "I-I give up." you mumbled. Kenpachi glared down at you. "What the hell are you saying. In battle you can't tell the enemy you give up and expect them to let you go!!" Ikkaku yelled from his spot on the ledge.

"Shut up Madarame!" you retorted. Ikakku grinned at your reaction.

"You're slower than usual." Kenpachi stated making you weary.

"I'm just a little tired, m-maybe a little rest and I'll-" Kenpachi's hand tightened around your wrist.

"Cut the bullshit! Why are you distracted?" you finally looked back at him eyes wavering. You bit your lip when you saw his olive colored orb glaring at you. "I'm not!!" you hissed out. Hoping he would drop the topic. In all honesty he was the reason you couldn't think properly. You hated to admit it but you'd somehow fallen in love with the fight crazed captain. There was no way you could say that to him though, you knew that much.

"Why did I have to fall for him of all people.." you thought frustratedly. Kenpachi released you without a word and you sighed letting out a calming breath.

"You're off for the rest of the day. " he said turning his back to you. You nodded, slowly getting to your feet. "Get some rest cause tomorrow I won't take any excuses."

"O-Of course, a-arigatou Zaraki-taicho." with a bow you turned quickly leaving. When you were out of sight Ikakku, Yachiru and Yumichika jumped down from their spots walking over to Kenpachi.

"That ended quickly." Yumichika said with a flick of his hair. Ikkaku laughed, "Are you kidding she couldn't even pay attention."

"Maybe you should stop using your charm on her Ken-chan." Yachiru giggled jumping on his back. Kenpachi raised an eyebrow. "What are you going on about Yachiru. " the pinknette held a finger on her cheek in thought.

"Well maybe the reason she's so distracted is because she lov-" you appeared out of nowhere grabbing Yachiru and covering her mouth. "D-Don't listen to her Zaraki-taicho I'm just tired. W-Well see ya!!" you scrambled off with Yachiru in your arms. Ikkaku sweatdropped "Where did she come from?"

Ikakku blinked. "What was that about?" Yumichika shrugged. "Who knows."

~Time skip~

When you got a safe distance away you released your hand from Yachiru's mouth. She grinned jumping on your head. You stumbled for a second regaining your balance. " Why don't you just tell Ken-chan, you'll make a cute couple Kido-chan~" your blush darkerened

"I-I can't Yachiru...h-he doesn't see me that way. I-I don't think he really sees any female that way." you sulked.

"But you're wrong, Ken-chan is really patient with you and he always gives you breaks and makes sure you're okay when you fight." you shook your head. "That doesn't mean anything Yachiru. Please don't t-tell him how I feel. If he doesn't return my feelings it would just make things awkward. "

Yachiru's cheeks puffed out. "But he does feel the same." She said stubbornly. You smiled softly. "Arigatou, I really appreciate you being so supportive." you gave her a small pat walking off.

"Don't say a word okay!!" you yelled out taking off. Yachiru waved as you left.

"I'll get you two together just watch Kido-chan!" Yachiru fist pumped, formulating a plan.