THREE - SIGN OF THE TIMES

Start from the beginning

He was really thankful for Freddie. If it wasn't for him, he knew for sure he wouldn't even fulfil his dream of getting signed and become a professional singer. But Freddie saw something in him, something he didn't even see in himself.

"Have you decided on which song would be the single, yet? Knowing Reid, he must have been pressuring you to get everything in order already." John spoke while the three nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, it's actually called 'Sign of the Times'. I'm going to record the music video in Scotland in a few weeks, so if you guys see me disappear for a few days, that's the reason." Elijah said the last sentence jokingly.

"You have to give us a listen to it before you go, Eli! We want to hear it! I know for sure Freddie wants to hear it," Roger replied, smirking when he saw Freddie's expression.

"Oh, shut it, Rog. Dear, don't mind him, but I do really want to hear it. So you have to give us a listen before you go to Scotland okay?" Freddie stated, staring directly at Elijah who nodded with no hesitance at all.

"Of course! You all helped me after all, you don't have to ask, I'll let you guys listen to the demo."

"Alright! Now, let's go? There's still a pub waiting for us, and plenty of girls too. Bri, you're the designated driver!" Roger laughed out loud, dragging John along him while Brian merely sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"I'm really the babysitter of the band, huh?"

"It seems like that way, Bri." Elijah grinned mischievously, his dimples poking out.

"You really look so cute when you smile, Eli! Come on, let's leave Bri here." Freddie urged him, holding out his hand which Elijah took and grasped tightly.

"I hate you lovebirds!" Brian yelled out after them, heading towards them just as Elijah said, "We're not lovebirds!"

"Don't be that way just 'cause you're single, Bri! We love you!" Freddie teased before pulling Elijah with him, never letting go of his hand.

Brian walked slowly, observing how Freddie never let go of Elijah's hand even in going inside the lift, the height difference between the two was quite massive but seeing them side by side, Brian could see how the they matched each other.

"Not lovebirds huh? I'm betting those two would be together in a few months, except that I don't know if Elijah's pretending to be naïve or what because he should've obviously seen the way Freddie looks at him, he's not even trying to be subtle at any way." Brian muttered under his breath, jumping in surprise when Roger suddenly appeared beside him.

"Talking to yourself is a sign of insanity, Bri. Don't let it— ow! Bloody hell, you're hitting me again!" Roger complained as he received a hard hit on the head from Brian, who looked unimpressed.

"What are you even doing? I thought you went to the car with Deaky already?"

"Well, you took such a long time that I decided to get you myself, grandpa. Deaky just followed me back, leaving Fred and Eli alone."

"What were you muttering, anyway? I heard Elijah but that's it." John questioned him.

"I was just talking about how those two would date soon, considering the times they've spent together, not including the days Elijah's with us too." Brian cleared to the two.

"You're right, they even look alike now." Roger snorted in amusement.

"What do you mean?"

"Look at them! Freddie's hair is long and Elijah let his hair grow out too, plus the way they dress and act are so similar it actually creeps me out sometimes."

"You're right. They surely have identical fashion styles," John mentioned.

"Yes, and it'll just take an idiot to not notice the way they act around each other. I'm telling you, those two would get together in no time."

"That's right, let's just hope no one ruins it, yknow."

"Don't jinx it! But we'll see, Rog, we'll see."

author's note!

This chapter is quite rushed so I'm sorry for that 😭 I feel like this has been a mess but as always, thank you so much to everyone who constantly supports my books, I'm publishing another fic soon so I hope you all look out for that too!

In the meanwhile, I'll finally be updating Sweet Creature ( my brian may fic ) this month! I can't say if it's going to be this weekend but it'll definitely be posted <3

This is dedicated to sebasstan, -rogerstaylor, AmbitchousGrimes, bohemianrhapsody-, and killerqueenbh AND EVERYONE who reads my fics even if they're a Mess. I LOVE YOU ALL !