Prep

Kassandra's POV

"What do you mean the prophecy has already begun?" I asked Aliana's grandmother as another person came up to her and she directed them to where they needed to go.

This had been happening since we had come out of the room. A different person would come up to her and watch me out of the corner of their eye as she gave them instructions.

"From the moment Aliana set foot on the planet it had started. My daughter taking her only sped it up even faster. The dark faction has already begun attacking, were actually too far behind." She said and turned back to adress somone else.

I looked around at all the people who looked as if they had something to do before turning back to Aliana's grandmother Lana to ask what I should be doing  but before I could do that I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder.

I turned to find Aliana's grandfather, Dalton who was looking down at me with a sad look on his face.

"Your job in this war will be the hardest of all." He said and his words made dread fill me.

I was about to ask him what he meant when the door to the room was thrown open to reveal Thorn.

Everyone had stopped what they were doing and were all watching him as he looked around the room.

When his eyes got to me they lit up and he came towards me but stopped when a mini Fen and Scar got in his way.

He looked down at them sneering before he looked back up at me with a smile. For some reason I didn't like that smile.

"You have been summoned by the Royal family." He said smirking at me.

Looking over at Aliana's grandmother, trusting that Scar and Fen would keep him away, I saw she was watching Thorn with a frown on her face.

"Once again you come and inform me of a meeting with the Royals that I knew nothing about." She said in a quiet voice.

I looked back over at Thorn to see a little fear on his face as she spoke to him.

"As I said last time, there wasn't any time to inform you, you are more than welcome to come along." He said and I could tell that he didn't want her to.

"I will be there." She said and Thorn nodded before looking back at me.

"Well. Let's go, you don't keep Royals waiting." He said and Fen and Scar growled louder.

"She'll come with me." Lana said and Thorn scowled.

"Fine." Thorn hissed before turning and stomping out the door.

With a few more instructions Lana and Dalton led me out the door with Fen and Scar on my shoulders.

Turns out that we didn't need to drive anywhere because the Royals had come to us and were waiting in a large ballroom.

Pushing open the doors the people in the room stopped talking and watched us.

"Thank you or coming." A familiar voice said and the crowd moved aside as the man whose son Aliana had killed came forward with a woman on his arm.

Her dark hair was perfectly styled and her blue eyes tried to burn me into the ground.

"I understand our situation has become dire." The man spoke and I looked at him.

"I'm terribly sorry about your mate being taken but right now we need..." 

"I hope she is suffering where ever she is, if I ever see her I will tear her apart and then..." She was cut off by the man.

"Now is not the time Minhast." He said and she glared at him.

"She killed our son, tortured him!!" She screamed and the man sighed.

"Later Minhast, later, I promise." He said and she narrowed her eyes at him before she turned back to glare at me.

"As I was saying, there have already been numerous attacks from the dark faction and now that they have the child of prophecy the war will begin." He said and I stayed quiet listening.

"We will need your power in order to fight them off and Ryal forbid they somehow manage to get your mate to join them." He said and my heart sped up.

"If that happens, we will need you more than ever." He said and I had to swallow before I could speak.

"Need me to do what?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"If need be, you will have to kill your mate."