Chapter Two: ...Before the Storm

Readers,

There is a bit of violence at the end of this chapter....consider yourselves warned.

Enjoy

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Two: ...Before the Storm

Before I could concoct a feast fit for a king I had to go grocery shopping. I checked our cabinets and our fridge to see what we had already and made my way outside. Robert, one of our drivers was there. The workers here on my family’s estate were the only people who were actually nice to me. We spent a lot of time together since I was basically one of them. They were omegas, which is the lowest of the low on the social scale. They didn’t care that I was the reject of the beta household. To them, I was just someone who was nice to them and actually treated them with respect. That was worth more than status to people like us.

“Hey Miss Sophie. How are you doing today?” he asked with a conspiratorial wink. Whenever my family wasn’t around Robert treated me like royalty. It was a joke between us. One of the main reasons for us having a driver was because I couldn’t drive, but I was expected to run household errands. My family couldn’t be assed to play chauffeur so that left me with Robert.

I stuck my nose in the air haughtily and replied. “I have a very important engagement that I mustn’t be late for. So, chop-chop, lets go.” By the end of my little speech my fake posh accent was drowned out by my giggles.

“Wow. You sound exactly like your fathers whore of the week.”

“Oh yeah, Shawna. She was here last night. That’s where I got my inspiration.”

“Don’t you mean Sheila?” he asked amused.

“Right. I really should try harder to remember because I’d be in serious trouble if I don’t. I just feel like it’s a waste of valuable brain space considering she’ll be gone by the end of the week. Maybe sooner.” After mom died, dad became quite the bed-hopper.

“So, where am I really taking you? The Mexican border so you can get the hell away from this ‘family’ of yours?”

“Actually my lovely family has taken it upon themselves to host an extravagant dinner for the Alpha to be on his name day. I’m to be the cook, maid, and maybe later on, the court jester if they are in need of entertainment.” I said the last part a bit morosely. I tried not to let the things the pack said and did get to me, but it seemed to get worse with time.

Robert gave me an affectionate pat on the back and I told him where I needed to go. We were off quickly. The store was pretty much empty so I was able to shop and get out quickly. When we arrived back home I was happy to have one task down. Robert helped me get the groceries into the kitchen and I set steaks to marinate, put beans on to simmer and got a fudge pie and a strawberry cake into the oven. By that time some of the maids started coming into the kitchen.

“Mmmm. That shole does smell good,” said Aaliyah. She was a tall, gorgeous black woman with long, thick black hair. She was practically a mother to me. She was one of my momma’s best friends growing up, but shortly after momma married my father she married an omega, which made her one in return. She came to work for our family and she’s been here every since.

“It should,” I said as she sashayed her hips over to the stove. “ I learned from the best.”

“ You sure did,” she said laughing. She came over and stole a handful of strawberries I was chopping to go on top of the strawberry cake. I swatted her away giving her a ‘shame on you’ look. She just smiled.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 24, 2012 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

My Gentle Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें