Teacher's Pet..1..

I walk along the sidewalks of Lincoln University looking for my one and only class of the day... Sex Education.

I can't believe I'm taking this class. I've been putting it off forever and for a great reason... the topic embarrasses me. I do not want to sit in a room filled with immature college students discussing the topic of sex and etcetera.

I shudder at the thought of how the students will react to certain topics that will be discussed. I conclude every student will surely react with immaturity.

"Ugh." I huff, adjusting my backpack on my shoulder.

If it were up to me, I would never take this class. However, I need the credit to graduate in the Spring.

Damn this university and its crazy prerequisites for undergraduates.

"Jenna Leigh Toussaint," My best friend, Whitney, waves as I walk into the lecture hall for my class.

"Hey, Whit," I smile, happy to see her, as I walk up the stairs then take a seat beside her. "I didn't know you had this class too."

"I didn't know you had it either. When did you get in?"

"I chose it at the last minute, girl." I mumble, pulling my laptop from my black Adidas backpack. "How long have you been here? Am I late?"

"No, I just sat down myself." Whitney shrugs, watching, as more students flock into the classroom. They all sit down and silence reigns. "When I looked up from the table, you walked in."

"Oh."

"I'm so happy you're in this class with me, Jen. I'll know someone... and I can photocopy your notes."

I smile lightly as I plug my laptop charger into an outlet. "Me too, Whit. You know this topic makes me super uncomfortable. I'll need you to help with that."

"I know, but I've got you." She winks.

"Thanks." I smile again as I log into my laptop.

"No problemo, bestie." Whitney smiles more.

"Hey," I sigh, typing the heading for my notes. "do you know who's teaching this class?"

"The infamous Professor Jackson." The guy to my left answers before Whitney can.

I turn my head to look at him and regard his smooth, masculine features.

He's a white guy with glowing blue eyes, evenly tanned skin, and black hair.

One would say he's sexy.

"Some say he's hard." He continues, leering at me.

"Really?" I ask, wide-eyed.

This class, I don't even want to take, could be the death of my academic career?

Great.

The scattered murmurs in the room go silent as the lecture hall doors close.

Whitney, myself, and the guy to my left are oblivious to the fact because our conversation continues.

"Yeah, I know many people who have taken this course twice or more." The guy to my left sighs. "Professor Jackson ain't no joke."

I trace my bottom lip with my teeth, a nervous habit, as Whitney chimes in.

"He takes sex that seriously?" She asks in disbelief.

"He calls it an art," The guy to my left shrugs. "so I'm guessing that's a yes."

"Woah." I whisper, biting my bottom lip.

This professor has to be crazy intense.

"By the way, I'm Bradley Ware." The guy to my left introduces himself as he holds out his hand. I shake it and he smiles wider. His large hand envelops mine. "Don't be nervous. I won't let the mean Professor get you, beautiful." I blush a little as he continues in a whisper. "This is my second time taking this class. I'm sure I'll pass this time."

I giggle, and it echoes, because the room is beyond silent.

Have these people been listening to us?

Is the professor here?

I whip my head towards the front of the class and there he is. All tall, dark, and handsome, but his eyes speak of something lethal.

"Miss Toussaint," Professor Jackson speaks softly and the fact that he knows my name blindsides me. "is there something of interest you and Brad would like to discuss with the rest of the class?"

"We were just--" Brad begins, but Professor Jackson's eyes slice him open and he stops.

"Miss Toussaint," Professor Jackson looks to me again. "I expect my students to be quiet and ready to start class when I walk into the room. Do you have a problem with that?"

My mouth dries, hindering me from speaking, as Professor Jackson's eyes bore into mine.

"When I ask you a question, Miss Toussaint," He grits as he grows impatient. "I expect an answer. You can giggle with Bradley, but you can't answer my question?"

All eyes turn to me. Everyone is waiting for me to answer him.

"No, sir." I mewl.

"No, sir what?" Professor Jackson arches an impeccable manly eyebrow.

I swallow and breathe in softly. "No, sir, I do not have a problem with being quiet in your class."

"Thank you, Miss Toussaint. I'm sure you mean that." Professor Jackson snaps and everyone looks back to him as he turns to the whiteboard. "Everyone open your books to page thirty-two."

"What an asshole." Brad leans over and whispers to me.

I giggle again.

Mistake numero dos.

"Miss Toussaint," Professor Jackson whips around quickly and his eyes are on me again. "I'm quite sure you have a problem with being quiet in my class. Therefore, I would like to see you in my office after this lecture to discuss said problem. Since you obviously can't catch the memo in English maybe amplified English will help you catch my drift."

My jaw drops and I look down in embarrassment as Professor Jackson opens a book and starts his lecture like nothing happened.