One.

December 15th, 1995

December 15th, 1995

"Babe, you okay?" Dave asked. After the unfortunate end of Janet and Tupac's relationship, Janet found someone again. Dave is a basketball player and spends most of his time at the gym.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Janet sighed, nodding her head. Truthfully she wasn't okay mentally, or emotionally. She missed Tupac but his cheating ways lead her to lose her trust in him. Dave was something special, but he was no Tupac. She felt like he was kind but Dave wasn't an intellectual converser; his conversations consisted of his family or basketball team.

For the past two days, Janet didn't feel like leaving her house. The closest thing to going outside was to collect the mail. She's been ignoring her family and friends' phone calls.

Every day from 9am up until late night, Dave was out practicing. Janet trusted him and didn't want to jump into any conclusions. She loved him, but her heart wasn't fully healed from her previous relationship. Dave was just a distraction to get Tupac out of her mind. His purpose was to fill the void in her heart.

The holiday season was here, and Dave had something planned. He wanted to propose to Janet, but she had a feeling about marriage. She wasn't young, but she didn't want to become a wife. She still wanted to enjoy being single, and seeking new things.

The reoccurring questions in her mind after her breakup always came at the worst times. Was she not enough for him? Was she too simple? Did she lack beauty?

 Was she not enough for him? Was she too simple? Did she lack beauty?