-1.19-

PART ONE-CHAPTER NINETEEN

//"They want to see you do good, but never better than them

//"They want to see you do good, but never better than them. Remember that."//                                          _______________________________________

She was spiralling. That was probably the only way to describe everything that was going on in her life at the moment. And the more she thought about it, the more her mind went towards the thought that she had hoped to avoid- She came from a very twisted family.

Her uncle was captured by her good-mother to be, and her other uncle as an act of revenge put a spear through her good-father to be. And her mother can't care less. 

Well, life is pleasant right now.

"Rhea! Get up!"

Uncle Renly burst into the room and frantically helped her off her chair, and then she asked what happened, that shook a very calm and level headed person such as him.

"It's your father. He was hunting a boar. He's severely hurt."

And that was all it took for her take off. She ran only to have the guards stop her, and she shouted, "That's my father damn it! Let me in!" And when they refused and said the King didn't want anyone inside, she screamed. "I am your Princess. Now if you don't let me inside, I will end you all!" She supposed her father heard her because he then screamed to let her inside.

She came running in and then saw her father lying on the bed, with a huge bandage across his chest, blood gushing out of it, despite what she hoped were the maester's best efforts.

"What did you do this time?" She asked, sounding as if she didn't get any sleep for a decade- weak and tired, with tears threatening to fall.

She saw Ned Stark sitting on the other side of the bed on a chair with a piece of parchment on his hand, and when Rhea strained her neck a little she saw the words 'rightful heir', and it didn't take her long to put things together.

"You're not going to die, father. Please stop thinking like that. You're going to get out of this, just fine and then you're going to live, and drink your way to early death as you always say, but it's not now, not today, and certainly not by a boar." She said and squeezed his hand, closing her eyes so the tears don't fall.

"Look at me, girl."

She turned her head the other way and held back the tears when her father squeezed her hand and urged her to look at him.

So she did.

"I may have not been the father every girl is looking for, not to you, to your sister, or your brothers. I was never made to be a father anyway, but the fact that all you'll remember of me is a drunk old fat man is....depressing."

"You know I never thought of you that way."

"You, girl, you deserved so much more than what I've given you. You deserve a life where you didn't have to put up with a horrible excuse for a father like me, or a cold-hearted woman like your mother. You deserve a family that would love you, and I know it's too late for me to ask of this, but don't ever give up on that happiness you seem to keep within you. I saw it when I needed the light, and that's probably what kept me fighting all this time."