9

Everything was blurry when I opened my eyes.
Looking around, I couldn't figure out where I was and when I tried to move my arms, I noticed I couldn't.
I blinked a few more times, my vision finally coming back to me and I glanced up. My hands were tied above my head. My wrists ached and were red.
My leg hurt more than before.
Glancing around again, I realized I wasn't in the house anymore. I was in a wooden room. A large saw sat across from me. It had tracks leading directly toward me.
Following the tracks with my eyes, I noticed a split in them. I turned my head to see where the other path of track went and gasped. Josh was unconscious, tied up just like me.
"Where am I?" I heard a voice mumble. Looking toward the front, Ashley laid there tied up, but luckily out of harms way. She looked over at Josh and me. She began freaking out. "Oh god. Oh god. What's happening? Are we going to die?" She rambled.
I kicked the board behind me with my good leg to get her attention. "Ashley. Calm down. It'll be fine. We can...." I pause to attempt to get out of the rope again, but failed. "Get out of this." I finished.
"Y/n?" A voice shouted outside. It was Chris. "Ash?" It was getting louder. Ashley began wiggling again. "Chris! Chris! We're in here!" Ashley yelled. "In here!"
I smiled a little as Chris appeared on the other side of the wall. There was a large piece of glass separating us.
He looked at me then at Ash and Josh. He ran to the door, trying to open it, but it was locked.
"Welcome. Thank you all for joining me." A deep voice sounded out from the walls. A chill fled through my spine. Josh slowly started moving, lifting his head and looking around. Like me, fear was carved into his eye's. "What's happening?" He asked, trying to move.
"We're going to conduct a little experiment. A sort of test." The voice echoed. Chris became more forceful with the door, but it wouldn't budge. Josh was moving, trying anything to get out. I was getting major rug burns on my wrists from the rope and it hurt like hell. I kept trying to get out myself, though.
The voice continued, "Now for this experiment, we'll need the cooperation of our two test subjects. Joshua and Y/n." Josh and I made eye contact. We were them. We were the guinea pigs to whatever this experiment was. Our determination to get out shot up as we struggled.
Chris stood there, panicking. Pulling his hair to think of a way to get to us. Josh stopped, hitting his head against the board behind us. Sweat rolling down his face. "Oh my god." He groaned in surrender.
"We'll also need one more participant to help decide which subject will live and which will die." The voice chuckled.
I glanced at Josh in a panic. He was crying, mumbling about how he doesn't want to die. Ashley was yelling at the psycho to stop this in a bloody plea. My heart was quick and my mind was spinning. I could think only one thing.
Don't let him die.
Josh began yelling. "No! Get me out of here! I don't want to die! Please, Chris! Please!" I began to tear up.
The seriousness of the situation weighted on me like a brick to the face.
Was it really Josh or me?
What kind of twisted psycho would do this?!
"Please everyone calm down. It's quite simple. Christopher, you will find a lever placed directly in front of you. All you have to do, is choose who to save." The voice spoke. I could see Chris. He was thinking of ways to save us. We all jumped when we heard the saw turn on.
Reality hit me like a truck. Someone was going to die and there was nothing I could do about it.
This random psycho targeted us.
And now we had to play his sick game.
Josh and Ashley began to freak out more and a lump in my throat kept me from screaming. I was terrified and shaking. Josh took a deep breath. "Okay. Hold on. It's going to be okay. It'll be okay. Chris, buddy. Think about this okay? We're best friends!" He pleaded. Chris ran his hands through his hair.
"Just....just let me think for a moment." He whimpered.
That's when I found the voice to finally speak. "Save Josh!"
Chris looked up in surprise. Josh glanced at me, shocked also. "Save Josh, Chris! He's your best friend! He's been there longer than I have. You need him and he needs you." I shouted over the saw. Chris shook his head. "I can't. I love...."
"Yes you can, Chris. Save him and get out of here." I interrupted him.
Chris gave me one last soft glance and switched the lever. Tears appeared on his face. I smiled, but it faded when the voice echoed, "Ah....I see... You have chosen to save Y/n."
The saw began to move and my heart drop. All the air in my lungs were got in a split second. "No!" I screamed. Josh wiggled and tried to get out of the blades way, but it cut right through him.
Blood splattered all over the blade and me. "No! Josh!" I loudly cried, but it was too late. He was cut in half and long gone. The blade came to a stop and Chris rushed through the newly unlocked door.
He ran up to me and untied me. When my feet were the only thing that supported me, my knees buckled. Chris caught me and I cried into his shirt. "Come on. We need to go." He pressured me to walk. He helped untie Ashley and we all ran outside.
"Why?! Why didn't you save him?!" I yelled. Chris with tears running his face, shook his head. "I tried!" I hugged him, crying into his coat.
Clutching onto him like he would disappear any second. Ashley pushed both of us. "We need to get to the lodge and warn everyone, now!"

We hadn't even made it 300ft when we saw Emily and Matt. They ran over to us. "Blood? Who's blood is that?!" Emily asked, worry laced her voice. "J-j-j...." I tried to speak, but the sobs that wouldnt stop coming wouldn't allow a word out of my mouth.
"Are you guys okay?" Matt asked. All the three of us could do was cry until Chris spoke. "J-Josh." Chris was shaking and his voice was nasally. "'Josh', what dude?" Matt asked, trying to understand why all of us were in such a bad state. "He's dead. He died right in front of us, man!"
Matt and Emily looked at us in disbelief. "There's a maniac." Chris tried explaining over the sobs. Emily began to panic along with us. "Oh my god. We need to get out of here!"
"I killed him. I-I killed him. It was my fault!" Chris cried loudly. Emily and Matt looked at each other. "This is insane. We need to go get help. Now." Matt nodded. "You three need to go to the lodge. We need to get everyone together." Emily commented. "Matt and I will go look for help."