Chapter Forty Six

Start from the beginning

This boy is crazy.

"Come here."

I grab his hand and walk him over to the sofa before I go search for the first aid kit which is under the bathroom sink cabinet. Walking back to the living room, I see him sprawled on the sofa, legs spread and head thrown back. He looks tired.

Climbing on top, I twist my body to face his.

God, I don't even want to think about how he got the wound. The endless harsh possibilities are bugging my mind. I open the first-aid box, grabbing the wool pad and antiseptic.

Daniel smiles at me and I'm lost in his eyes for a moment. I could spend an entirety staring into those eyes and I wouldn't get bored.

I bite my lip and tug at his hoodie and t-shirt, wanting them off and Daniel doesn't hesitate to do so. When his body—all in its tanned, tattooed, toned glory—comes in view, I lick my lips. I have this odd urge to lick his abs—whoa, Rosé.

The wound isn't too deep, but without proper medical care, I don't know if it'll heal healthily. For now, I'll do my best to clean the blood and bandage his cut.

Dabbing the blood away—some parts harder to clean since the blood has dried out—I get another soaked wool pad and clean deeper. Daniel hisses, swearing under his breath and I softly laugh which earns me a glare from the boy.

I grab the white bandage and the tattered sleeve of my dress slips down but before I can pull it back up, Daniel does it for me. I smile with shyness. His fingers on my skin send heated sparks down my thighs.

Placing some clean wool to cover the wound, I wrap the bandage around his arm as tightly as I can. My tummy flutters as I admire his arm, it's so strong like I can wrap both hands around his bicep, and yet there's still space.

Closing the blue box, and placing it on the table in front of the sofa, Daniel looks at the coverage and smiles.

I'm in love with his smile.

"Not this feeling like déjà vu, huh." Daniel playfully says and I laugh.

Daniel embraces my cheek, pushing my hair away from my face. A dark, icy shadow clouds his eyes as his persona changes.

"Rosé." Daniel says.

My smile fades because I know what he wants to talk about and remembering Wren's filthy hands on my body is giving me anxiety.

Daniel cradles my cheek and my anxiety fades away a little.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I'll understand," Daniel softly speaks, his eyes melting my heart, "I just wanna make sure you're okay."

At his words, my heart swells with warmth and endearment for this boy.

I've spent the last four years healing and moving on from Wren and I've come to that point where talking about the wounds is painless—hard but painless. The memories do hurt and I do cry but I remember that I'm stronger than them and I love myself for coming so far.

"He kissed me," I whisper, sniffing to hold back tears, "And he touched me."

"Rosé." Daniel moves closer.

And the tears fall.

Remembering Wren's filthy hands on my body, touching me without my consent, kissing me, is nightmarish.

"I feel so worthless." I whisper in a quiver, looking at my tattered dress, my tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Hey, baby, no, come here," Daniel immediately embraces me, brushing my hair away and wiping my tears away, "Look at me, Rosé."