"Who are you?"

That seemed to break the class out of there shock.
The two girls In the front row turn to each other,
"Skater boy!"

Oliver turns to the teacher holding out his transfer slip and late pass.
"If you hadn't already guessed, I'm a new student."

The teacher hums as he reads the slips and sets them down on his desk,
"Well Mr. Mendoza, take a seat.
I should warn you if I see that board again I will have to confiscate it."

"I should warn you, you are not taking my board." Oliver shoots him a painfully-false-grin before walking to the open desk and throwing himself down. Opening his bag to pull out his equipment.

Lucas 'eye-candy' friar finally sat himself down behind the brunette girl and next to the adorable cinnamon roll in a turtleneck- who Oliver was the other side of.

"Your both in time for today's assignment." Said Mr. Matthews.

Oliver doesn't stop the zombie worthy groan from leaving his lips.why in the world did Rachel send him to school early!

After turning the oddly familiar brunette around Mr. Mathew starts to teach.

"So, I'd like you guys to open your books to page 48."

The entire class does so.

"Now, I'd like you to turn to page 1."

The class does so in sync, once again.

"Now, I'd like you to read from page 1 to 48"

This time Oliver reading the only one to let out a zombie worthy groan.

"Oh, too bad on you. Okay, so for tonight's assignment, I'd like you to write me a three page essay on anything. Anything at all, that you guys believe in so strongly, you fight for it." Says Mr. Matthews.

Seriously on his first day, if this is his first lesson, if all his classes are like this he'll have fifteen essays due for Wednesday!

"That." It was the blonde girl who spoke up, "I'd fight for no homework. I come here every day; why can't you teach me everything I need to know while I'm here."

Her brunette friend cheers, until she sees the look from the teacher.

"Not woo!"

Oliver can't help but mutter, "ain't that the truth."

"He gets our days, let's take back our nights. No homework, more freedom!"

The blonde was standing now trying to rally the class.

"Who's with me?"

The class wastes no time joining in the chant, apart from eye candy friar, the cinnamon roll, weird but familiar brunette and Oliver.

"Sorry, I promised I wasn't gonna join or start a protest on my first day." Said Oliver shrugging at the blondes expecting look.

"No homework, more freedom!
No homework, more freedom!
No homework, more freedom"

The blonde turns to her friend, "This is it, kid. You wanna be like me? Stand up."

"No homework, more freedom!
No homework, more freedom!
No homework, more freedom!"

The girl stands up only for Mr Mathews to ask what she's doing.

"I'm making a choice about who I want to be, about whose world I want it to be."

"Riley, I know you. You know exactly who you are" states Mr. Matthews.

So weird-oddly-familiar-brunette is called Riley, good to know, thinks Oliver.
Riley the smiley- knowing him he would end up giving her a nickname.

"Then who am I, Dad?"
The teacher is her dad? Well Oliver can't upset Riley, too bad then.

"You're just like me."
Wrong thing to say dude, she's trying to declare independence not be a clone.

"Oh, yeah? Would you do this?" She stands fully and starts punching the air with the rest of the class,
"No homework, more freedom!
No homework, more freedom!"

She marches down the rows, slowing by the cinnamon roll,
"Farkle, are you with us or not?"

So the cinnamon roll is called Farkle. Do his parents hate him that much, who calls there kid Farkle- that's got to be some form of child abuse?

The name was pretty unique though; it seemed to suit the boy quiet well and the more Oliver said it in his head the more it grew on him.

The chanting echoes as the class -lead by Riley the smiley and her short blonde friend- march down the corridor.

Farkle stands up and heads to Mr. Matthews.

"My education? Or my women?
My education? Or my women?
My education? Or my women?"
He stops spinning and faces the teacher, "Oh, it's happening again, sir." He collapses back into Mr. Matthews arms.

"Should we take him to the nurse?"

"Probably"

•••

[1241 words]
Thanks for reading,
Any thoughts?

Vote

Comment

Share