"Hi Atsushi... " I replied, a weak smile in return.

"I see you've read Dazai's note," Atsushi said, voice strong.

"Oh, em, yeah. I have. He's out..." I said.

I immediately felt incongruous as I realised how casual our talk was. Two Agency members stood before me, and if it were any other time we would have been at each other's throats.

"Yeah, sorry. He wanted to be here when you woke up, he thought it was quite harsh on you otherwise," Atsushi said, a small pout,"But it was an important mission."

"It's... fine." I muttered. It was a little harsh leaving me here, in an enemy base, not knowing anyone or their intentions. I looked at the eighteen year old, amazed at his confidence. Only a few months ago, Akutagawa and I were fighting to claim custody of him over the Agency. I remember how much horror his eyes held, how awful and scarring we made his first encounter with the Port Mafia was.

Now here we are, being civil... and I was being civil.

Perhaps it's because I know Mori has no control over me and isn't ordering me to be so violent. I could make my own decisions to benefit me, rather than benefit Mori... Interestingly, it excited me.

An image of when I last saw Mori sparked inside my head. It was still unpleasant... and so unreal.

"Dazai told me this morning you're willing to provide you're help to the Agency." The President spoke up.

"Yes... but nothing definite. It would benefit us both." I replied.

"I also understand that Yosano had healed you yesterday and you're no longer influenced by Francis." The President added, walking further into the room. My attention now went from Atsushi to the older man in the traditional emerald clothing. His face looked young, even though his hair was a shining silver. I wondered what age he was.

"Yes, I'm so grateful for her assistance, she is one of a kind and definitely a keeper to your Agency. Anyway, Francis isn't the man want to mess with considering he can create mind control over within a few days. In fact, he could do anything with the pile of cash he has. You ought to be careful going against him with your small company." I said. I leaned on Dazai's desk slightly, ready for this conversation.

"Of course... we haven't yet seen Francis Gift or what he can do," Fukuzawa sighed, expressing how this concerned him," but we know that you have."

So, he wanted information. I wasn't surprised.

"I could tell you a lot about Francis. However, if you're hoping for his plans or whatever, I'm afraid I don't have it. Half of the time I was drugged and I can't remember much when I was. But, I do have some things that might benefit you."

"Anything would be helpful." He insisted.

"Well then," I said, crossing my arms, "Convince me to tell you."

I watch the President stiffen and his eyes narrow, surprised at my comment. Atsushi looked at the President from behind, wondering what he was going to say. He was just as stunned as the President.

The truth was I still saw the Armed Detective Agency as an sworn enemy. It had been drilled into my mind that they were for years and removing that fixed thought was nearly impossible, even if I did want to side with them. He better have a good reason that could sway my thoughts.

"You know Francis would bring havoc to Yokohama if we don't stop him. Information is critical at times like these." He quickly replied. Good answer.

"True, but I could just give it to the Mafia. There's more of them and they will get the job done better, and I trust that they will have Francis slaughtered."