22 | Choose

Lucy's P.O.V.

I watched her, waiting like a doll- emotionless yet gorgeous. She didn't budge at all whilst we were speaking and I was worried she might not have even been breathing.

(Y/n) was our new hope. Now she was finally under Francis entire demand and glamoured with the though of saving his daughter and destroying Yokohama. the guild were more than chuffed. Before we went to sleep we drunk to our great fortune that we had gained. Francis was looking particularly pleased- head high and a glass full of crimson wine in one of his finest dog attires. He sat on his throne at the top of the table, listening in on the chatter, but observing his new toy with all his might. (Y/n) sat next to him, not drinking, not moving, barely even living.

I felt a tinge of sorrow for her.

Did she really have a choice?

I never knew her, but would anyone agree to this? Did she even know?

After a sip of a drink I realised it never mattered to me. Feminine ways of caring for ones that aren't relevant of us, I suppose. I should only be caring of who she was now, for the demon Francis had created would bring us nothing but success and a family back to life.

Soon, everyone departed back to their dorms.

Midnight had struck and so had my heavy head. I didn't drink too much, but I was exhausted from all the commotion. I dawdled down the corridors, my feet finding their own way back to my room where I could collapse and fall asleep, well prepared for our attack on the entire city tomorrow. I stopped when something unfamiliar burst my ears.

I growled at the interruption of the comfortable silence, grimacing. The Moby Dick doesn't have many corridors or many rooms, considering the size it was, so when I saw a door that had never been touched out of the two years we had been together, I had to investigate. I knew I was tired, but what if someone was up to something? I was a curious person, after all.

I heard banging and rattling, which wasn't anything I was pleased about since my dorm was a few doors down. I was curious too about the racket- why would anyone be doing such work so late? I strode over to the door, about to moan at the person making the large amount of noise at night. I was about to say something, but my eyes widened in confusion and my breath was taken away as soon as I peered inside the large room.

"What is that?!" I shrieked. I stared at what was before me with my jaw gawping. I never notice Mark beside me, my eyes were to attracted to the horrific machine.

"Oh! Hey, Lucy. I've just finished working on this. Like it? I think it's a masterpiece." Mark said, a smirk at his lips. He switched out of his formal attire from the party, his work clothes already coated in dust.

"Yeah,it looks cool...but what is it?!" I asked the brunette.

"Well, Francis asked me that our newest member of the guild, (Y/n), might need a bit of a boost and a cage when it comes to taking over Yokohama. So... this I what I made," He informed, presenting his arm out to the machinery," Took me forever, but I got a lout out of it. New amo, new guns... practically everything I needed for a while."

I took another glance. I stared at it, up and down. It looked like something out of a horror film, something that you'd keep a monster in. Tanks of purple serum filled the cage, connecting to a spot where she would be... chained? Would Francis strap her down in this?