Chapter 9: The Kill

Chapter 9

Searching the floor in the dark room, I find my pants abandoned in the corner. Pulling them on quickly in my fuzzy state, I slip into my shoes and immediately head for the door without looking back. As soon as it was over it's like a switch in my head turned back on and the regret hit me like a car going ninety. I regretted ever betraying Derek, especially with one of his best friends. Once Christian rolled off of me, I instantly got on my feet with a disgusting feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Where are you going?" a husky voice asks behind me, the bed springs creaking under his body weight.

Hesitating with my hand on the doorknob, I shuffle on my feet and bite my lip, which still tastes painfully like him. "I have to go."

"Already? You don't want to dance or get a drink?"

A sudden rage takes over me, maybe from cheating or maybe because he didn't stop me in my hazy state and tell me that what we were doing was wrong. "Are you kidding me right now? I just made the biggest mistake of my life and you want to act like we're together?" I growl, spinning around to face him in the small amount of light coming from the open door. "This shouldn't have happened."

He squints his eyes as if he's seeing someone he doesn't recognize and his mouth drops slightly in surprise. "Wow." he mumbles, sitting up on the now messy bed and pulling up his pants. "Was this just rebound s*x or supposed to make him jealous?"

"What?" I seeth, crossing my arms impatiently. I need to get out of here before anyone sees me with Christian and word gets back to Derek that his best friend and his girlfriend betrayed him.

Ex-girlfriend, I remind myself.

"Or maybe both," he determines, slipping into his shoes and leaving the long laces untied. I watch him stand up intimidatingly, the muscles in his bare chest moving along with him. He definitely has a better build than Derek, but I'd never admit that outloud. "A guy might actually be interested and you'd rather chase after your ex, who already moved on? I mean, he moved on before it was even over."

I narrow my eyes at his dark form, anger boiling inside of me knowing he might actually be right. Derek did move on to another girl before he decided to break it off with me, but I know for a fact he still loves me. There's no way someone can go from a perfect, unbreakable relationship to rolling around in the sheets with a moral-less tramp.

"Goodbye, Christian," I growl. I know he has more to say, I can see it in his eyes, but nothing will change my mind. Derek is mine and he's told me the same exact thing repeatedly throughout our relationship.

Swinging the door open the rest of the way, I slam it shut behind me with courtesy of my newfound anger. Clearly he's mad that I'm not giving him anything else tonight and thinks I'll slut around with him, as if Derek isn't on the ground below us. He was nothing to me, a high-induced mistake that I need to forget ever happened. I can't even tell Lucy.

Running my sweaty hands through my s*x hair, I sigh and close my eyes, leaning against the wall closest to me. Derek can't hate me for this, he's done tons of stuff with Zoey, like the naked pictures we sent to everyone in her Facebook contacts. He can't hate me that much.

Looking up through my blurry vision I watch a blonde head disappear into a bedroom alone and all my leftover anger from Christian's assumptions take over. I stomp determinedly to the now closed door and open it, peeking in slightly.

Surprisingly the room is empty, but a light comes from the far right corner, either a bathroom or a closet. Slowly I open the door just enough to squeeze my tiny frame through and close it so gently it doesn't make a sound.