"I'm sure he'll love it."

Niklaus nodded. "I hope so."

Curiosity coated her pretty features as she raised a brow. "Forgive me, how many siblings do you have, I don't believe I've met them all. I've met Rebekah, and have known Kol for a while now."

The fire crackled beside them, the amber flames getting lower and lower as Niklaus chuckled. "You're well acquainted with Kol? You have my condolences."

She let out a loud laugh, the sound strangely appealing to his ears. "Kol is quite the scoundrel, Rebekah seems sweet." Astrid told him, her thoughts drifting to the blonde.

"Yes, there's no one quite like Kol. My other brothers are much more... Rational."

Astrid grinned. "Is that a polite way of saying Kol is the wildest of you Mikaelson's."

"That's putting it lightly!" Niklaus scoffed, delight lacing his features at the thought of his mischievous brother.

Pausing, Niklaus remembered her question about his siblings. "I have four brothers, and of course my sister, Rebekah."

Raising her brows in surprise, Astrid couldn't help but feel envious towards Niklaus. She had been an only child, with no siblings to play or socialize with.

When Astrid reached her second name-day, her mother fell pregnant, however, she had complications within a few moons, miscarrying the babe.

A little later on, when Astrid reached the tender age of five namedays, her mother had once again fell pregnant. With support from Esther, the village healer, Sigrid had a smooth running pregnancy, however the babe had been born silent and blue.

After that, Sigrid and her father Ragnar Ragnulf had stopped trying, content with the one healthy child the gods had granted them.

"Wow, I am envious of you. I bet you never get lonely." Her words had meant to be positive, however, they came out slightly bitter.

Niklaus snorted, taking no offense as he shook his head. "My siblings are the pain in the arse."

As much as he tried to play it off, the loving tone in his voice was evident. "And yet you love them more than anything."

"I do."

Pausing, he tucked the wooden figurine in his pocket, his intense blue eyes meeting Astrid's. "The brothers you have not met are Henrik, Elijah and Finn. Henrik's the youngest of us all, he's very excitable and sweet. He's not very good with a bow and arrow yet, but don't tell him that because he will go on and on, insisting he's the best marksman in the village."

Astrid smiled. "Well, I'm not much of a marksman myself."

"Maybe I'll teach you, one day." The sentence slipped from his lips before he could stop it.

Tensing at the statement, Astrid forced a smile. "Yes, perhaps."

Clearing his throat, Niklaus continued. "Elijah's the second eldest, he's honorable, intelligent; I admire him. He's the only one of my brothers who can best me in sword fighting."

"And Finn is the oldest."

She knew who Finn was, or at least she had heard of him. He had been married till a fever had taken his wife.

Astrid could remember how concerned everyone in the village was, hoping that it was not another epidemic.

However, Esther had quickly reassured everyone that it wasn't the plague that had caused them to relocate to the new land, just a fever, Esther had suspected the girl had been pregnant.

"Finn's going through a difficult time, the death of Aslaug still lays heavy in his heart." Niklaus admitted, his tone solemn at the thought of his brother.

"I'm sorry." Astrid apologized, laying a hand on Niklaus' arm as he nodded.

Forcing a smile to his bride to be, Niklaus laid his hand over hers. "Thank you."

Pulling her hand away, Astrid let out a sigh, turning Niklaus. "Don't you think this whole thing is insane? Completely and utterly insane."

His lips curved upwards in amusement. "A little bit."

Before she could respond, his attention was diverted to the side by the sound of soft giggles.

With her arm laced through Elijah's arm, Tatia flounced past, her gaze flickering to Niklaus as a teasing smile rested on her lips.

Glancing at Niklaus, Astrid noticed the longing look in his eyes. Clearing her throat, she stood abruptly.

"Excuse me, but I must go, I promised to meet your sister."

...

Just as she expected, Astrid found Rebekah sat in her house by the fire, a needle in her hand.

Sigrid had left the house to prepare for the wedding, so Rebekah took it upon herself to keep her brother's bride company, to make a good bond with the women she would soon call sister.

"About time, Astrid! I've been waiting for you!" There was no annoyance in Rebekah's voice as she patted the furs beside her, placing the needle and cloth down.

Raising her brows, Astrid took a seat next to Rebekah, failing to hide her clear displeasure towards sowing. "Sowing? Bekah this isn't a way to my heart." She jested.

Rolling her eyes, Rebekah pouted. "You think I enjoy sowing too? I'd much rather be out there, jousting with my brothers." She admitted, looking away from the cloth and needle.

Astrid failed to hide her surprise. She hadn't expected that. Rebekah was a sweet girl, she dreamed of meeting a strong warrior who would love her eternally, of starting a family of her own.

She seemed to be the type of girl who wanted to be the damsel in distress, to be rescued by her valiant warrior.

"Then why don't you?"

She scoffed, her fingers finding the ruffles of her dress. "My mother for one. She doesn't believe in shield maidens, said it's a man's duty to fight, not a woman's."

"My mother was a shield maiden, a legendary one. When I was a girl she would often leave with my father, they'd pillage and raid towns and cities over the ocean." Astrid informed Rebekah.

Rebekah's blue iris' lit up, a smile gracing her pretty face.

"However, she believes that some girls are not made for fighting. Some girls are great beauties, not great warriors." Astrid continued, frowning as Rebekah reached for her hand.

"Perhaps that will be their downfall. Underestimating pretty girls like us."

...

So I wrote the wedding chapter first to publish but then decided I wanted a bit more of Klaus and Astrid before they married. So the next chapter is the wedding, which is totally game of thrones inspired because I couldn't get my head around or write a traditional Viking wedding. Anyways, I love Bekah and Astrid's friendship.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, if you want more please comment and vote :)