Chapter Ten: Eye of the Salamander

Start from the beginning

"NEWT! EMMA! STOP!" Uncle Theseus yelled to us, hot on our trail. But we had already arrived through a second door, which led to the mailroom. We ran past two elderly porters who were pushing mail arts across the circular room.

"Does he want to kill you both?" Tina asked again.

"Me, frequently. Emma, never!" Daddy replied.

"Which is lucky for me, I think." I commented.

"NO!" Uncle Theseus then sent a curse after us, which sent the mail cart boxes flying after us.

Thankfully, Tina quickly blocked the spell before the boxes hit us. "He needs to control his temper!"

"Daddy says I get my temper from him." I said.

"I can see that." Tina turned and pointed her wand at Uncle Theseus. Suddenly, he slammed down into a high chair that she conjured out of nowhere. With his hands bonded to the chair, Uncle Theseus then flew backwards on the chair into the meeting room, where he was then slammed into the wall.

"I think that might have been the best moment of my life." Daddy said in awe.

"It was pretty cool. I have a feeling we won't let him live it down though." I said with a smirk.

Daddy and Tina laughed before they each took my hand and we all sprinted on. After a while of sprinting, we arrived in the Records Room Atrium, which was in front of the towering Art Nouveau doors carved to resemble trees. A very old woman behind a desk barred the way of the entrance. When she saw us, she smiled rather creepily.

"Puis-je vous aider?" The old woman asked.

"Er-yes, this is Leta Lestrange. And I'm her-" Daddy tried explaining before Tina cut him off.

"Fiancé."

"And I'm their adopted daughter." I added.

There was a moment of awkwardness between all of us as the woman lifted up an ancient book to the desk and opened it. She skimmed through it before looking back up at us. "Allez-y."

"Merci." Tina whispered.

"Thank you." Daddy added.

"Very much!" I chirped.

The woman bowed her head as the three of us went through the doors into the records room. "Tina, about that fiancée business-" Daddy spoke.

"Sorry, yeah, I have should congratulated you-"

We were cut off when the large doors shut behind us, plunging us into a rather dark room. "Lumos." Whispered Tina before her wand lit up, revealing the room we were in.

To our surprise, we saw an extraordinary acre of shelved stretches away, all carved to look like trees, so it looked like we were in a forest. "Lestrange!" I yelled, seeing if Leta's shelf would reveal itself to us. But nothing happened.

"Guess we better get looking." Tina said as we all set off to find Leta's shelf. "Tina- About Leta-" Daddy tried speaking again.

"Yes, I've just said, I'm very happy for you and Emma that-"

"Yeah, well, don't." He said as he stopped walking, causing Tina and I to look up at him, "Please, don't be happy. Uh, no, no, I'm sorry. I don't.. Uh, obviously, I- Obviously, I want you to be. And I hear that you are now. Uh, which is wonderful. Sorry- What I'm trying to say is, I want you to be happy, but don't be happy that I'm happy, because I'm not... I'm not engaged." Well, at least he was trying.

"What?" Was all Tina said.

I sighed, know I would have to take over. "In the magazine, they made a mistake. My uncle Theseus is the one marrying Leta Lestrange, not daddy. He's going to be the best man and I'm going to be the flower girl, at least that's what he promised."