Chapter Four: Unexpected Guests

After a long walk, we finally arrived at our house

After a long walk, we finally arrived at our house. I was very excited to be going to find my old house tomorrow and then be able to go to Paris to find Credence. True, we might be facing dangers along the way, but it was nothing the Scamanders couldn't handle! I just wondered what sort of toys I would take with me.

As we walked up the steps of our large yellow bricked Victorian house, I looked up to see that the light in our living room was flashing on and off repeatedly. "Daddy, do you see that?"

"See what?" He asked and looked over to see the flashing lights that were still happening. He gripped tightly onto my hand while he fished out his wand from his coat pocket. "Stick tight to me, my dear."

"Yes, daddy." I held his hand tightly as my free hand gripped tightly onto the necklace Dumbledore gave to me. Maybe this could protect us.

Daddy opened the door cautiously with his wand still in his hand. To our relief, it was just one of the baby Nifflers that was swinging on the brass cord of the table lap that was beside daddy's sitting chair. The baby Niffler, which I had named Teddy, finally managed to steal the cord before spotting us. It then scampered away, knocking down some objects as it ran. "Teddy, come back here!" I yelled, letting go of daddy's hand.

"My dear, I found Taylor!" Daddy called, seeing Taylor sitting on a set of weighing scales, pinned down by gold-colored weights that he was trying to steal.

"Oh goodness, Taylor, no!" I called as Teddy made it his was the dinning room table, but daddy quickly put a saucer pan on top of him, which continued to move across the table. Meanwhile, I grabbed an apple and tossed it into the opposite weighing scale, which sent Taylor flying into the air. Before they could fall, I caught Taylor while Daddy caught Teddy and we both stuck them into my pockets.

"Wait, there's only two. Oh gosh, where's Terra?" I asked worriedly as we both looked around.

"I think I found her, my dear." Daddy said and pointed to where Terra was. She was trying to climb onto a bottle of daddy's champagne on the counter. But as soon as she made it up and tried to get the top off, the top of the champagne bottle popped off, which sent it and Terra zooming past us and down the stairs into our basement.

"Terra, no!" I yelled and ran down the stairs.

"Emma, come back here! Bunty! Bunty, the baby Nifflers are loose again!" Daddy called as we ran down the stairs into our rather large animal hospital. Our animal hospital was rather big and contained much more animals than daddy's suitcase did. It was similar to the suitcase, but much more bigger and didn't have a small sleeping space for the two of us.

I picked up Terra from the floor, who was wearing the rider of the champagne cork as a necklace before seeing Bunty run up to me. Bunty was daddy's assistant; a plain girl, but she was just as crazy about the creatures as we were. And it was obvious to me that she was hopelessly in love with Newt. But I had already told her multiple times that his heart belonged to someone else; My mommy, Tina Goldstein. "Oh, Emma, I see you found them all!"