Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

He chuckles as he notices I'm blatantly checking him out. My cheeks blush, fiddling with my blanket.

"Thank you, Koa." I softly say to him.

Koa smiles and it's flirty yet warm.

Daniel grabs my wrist and pulls me into his body, wrapping his arms around me from behind. I stare at him and he locks eyes with me. A peaceful moment of adoration passes between us.

"West will face charges for an illegal street race and possession of drugs, and Wren is going to be charged with sexual assault, and kidnap. I have video proof of the bartender that Wren paid to spike your drink and when Wren took you, so there won't be a problem with the authorities," Koa speaks with confidence before looking at Daniel, "And I'm sorry for wrecking your car."

Daniel nuzzles his face in my hair.

"It's all good."

I don't even want to wonder what happened to Daniel's car. I can't believe Wren and Chase would cut his brake lines. He could've died. That thought makes my heart freeze.

"You are so hot." Aaliyah blurts out making everyone look at her.

I laugh at my best friend. Koa flirtatiously smiles her way which makes her blush, poor Matthew stares at the two like wtf.

"Stop flirting with my friends, bro." Kai groans at his older brother who seems unbothered.

"I can't help it," Koa smugly smiles, his eyes gliding over mine and Aaliyah's faces, "They're beautiful as fuck."

I blush in shyness, holding onto Daniel's arms tighter. Koa sees my blushing cheeks and his eyes grow heavier with fascination. They move over my lips and when he licks his bottom lip, I squirm in Daniel's arms.

"Koa, I appreciate what you did for her tonight but if you look at her like that one more time, I'll gouge your fucking eyes out." Daniel threatens him with a quiet yet calm voice.

Koa breaks his eyes away from me and looks at Daniel with a haughty smirk.

"You're kinda hot, pretty boy." Koa playfully says but there's no exaggeration in his words.

"Fuck you," Daniel squirms a little, "Stay the fuck away from me."

I softly laugh, caressing Daniel's arms.

I know we have some things unsettled between us but that doesn't matter right now. All I care about is being in his arms. He said some real mean things to me that night and I need him to apologize to me for them. Calling me a slut and touching me so roughly made me feel vulnerable—I've never felt vulnerable whenever I've been with him.

He had no right to call me a slut but maybe he either hated seeing me in that dress or he hated the fact that I was happy without him so he retaliated. None of those are excuses to call me a slut. He was the one who pushed me away after our first kiss and figured out that Wren has hurt me.

It hurt when he ended things after he figured out that I'd been hurt by another man. It made me feel unwanted. I had horrible thoughts—I wondered if he was disgusted by me or if he hated me.

After what I went through for the past two days, I just want to forget—our fight, his words, Wren's touch.

"How did you know I was with Wren, Nate?" I ask as the question suddenly pops into my head.

Nate looks dumbfounded and nervous as if he's hiding something from me. He glances at Daniel behind me, sharing an indecipherable look.

I twist my head to look at Daniel but he looks away. With confusion, I look back at my brother.

"What's going on?" I carefully ask.

"Rosé," Noah sighs, sending Nate a cautious look, "Your brother is a street racer."

My mouth drops open, my eyes widen in surprise.

"What?!"

Nate sheepishly smiles.

"You're a street racer?" I step out of Daniel's embrace and walk towards my brother, "Why didn't you tell me? How can you hide this from me, Nate?"

Nate grabs my hand, caressing it.

"I promise I'll tell you everything tomorrow, let's go home." He looks at me in hope.

Disappointment overwhelms me when he mentions home. I don't want to leave yet. I want to be with Daniel and Aaliyah and all my friends. I came to St. Vermont to escape and have fun. As much as the past two days have shaken me, I can't let that ruin my winter break.

A tug on my other hand snaps me out of my hasty thoughts.

"Is it okay if she stays with me?" Daniel asks my brother.

My heart races with elation as I stare at Daniel. Nate seems taken aback but keeps his cool.

Nate sends Daniel a warning glare.

"No funny business."

Daniel faintly smiles and then slips his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers. My heart flutters in excitement, I feel all fuzzy and giddy as Daniel smiles at me.