insistent nuisance

louis

i'm trying my best to come home and unwind after working most of the day, but sadly my roommate niall can't stop bothering me. he wants me to go somewhere with him. some pub that's a few minutes away from here with two dudes i've never even met or seen before other then a few quick photos niall has shown me.

"niall, i am not going on some double date with you to a pub with people i've never met before just to please you," i tell my roommate, niall, fuming. he's always trying to hook me up with the most random people. about a month ago he tried to hook me up with a fucking prostitute. yea, a prostitute. i swear, that day i almost beat the living hell out of him, but i thought better of it. it did take me a couple of weeks to forgive him because of that little stunt, though.

he laughs. "come on, lou. have some fun for once. loosen up a bit, will ya?"

i scrunch up my face. "no, ni. i said no and i mean it. i've been on my feet all day today and i don't feel like going out."

"please lou? for me? they're nice lads. i've known both of them since i was five."

"for the last time, no."

"yes."

"no."

"yes."

"i said no."

"i said yes!"

"why the hell do you insist that i go?!"

"because i already promised harry you'll go!"

goddamn it, niall, i think to myself. i sigh heavily, rubbing my forehead. "alright, fine," i say after sometime.

his mood changes instantly. he's smiling big and wide now and he hugs me. "thanks, lou."

"yeah, whatever."

i go upstairs to my room. i put on the first thing i see when i walk into my closet. black skinny jeans, a plain white muscle tank shirt, and my old skool black and white vans. so what if i don't wear something fancy? it's just a pub, not a five-star restaurant. i walk into the bathroom niall and i share across the hallway. i take a look at my hair in the mirror. it looks like a mess, but then again, when does it not look like one? i run my fingers through it, trying to make it look a little more decent. if anything, i've made it worse. who cares anyways? it's not like this is an actual date. it'll feel weird if i actually think of it as one.

"let's go and get this shit over with," i tell niall when i go back downstairs.

he walks out of the kitchen eating a bag of crisps. for god's sakes that man always eating.

"how the hell are you always eating yet you never gain a single pound?" i ask him, shaking my head.

he says something, but i honestly couldn't make out what he said with all the food in your mouth.

"i don't know what the fuck you said."

"i said i don't know," he manages to say.

i roll my eyes and grab my black hoodie from a nearby chair since it's kind of chilly tonight. "let's take your car. i don't feel like driving."

"i don't feel like driving either," he says back. "i already got us an uber." his phone dings. "and he just arrived, too."

"let's go, then."we slip into our shoes and walk out of the front door.