story of my life:chapter 5

'you two look so beautiful.come on one more photo' mum said she knelt down to take another photo of me and nadia. it was the day of our prom and we were both waiting for our friends to arrive, so we could leave. we both went for completly different styles. Nadia went for the short, fitted party dress to show off her legs and cleavage. When i went for the floor length ball gown just showing off my arms. As we both leant into eachother to smile for the one millionth photo we were saved by the bell. the rest of the gang were finally arriving. 'THEY'RE HERE' mum shouted as she ran to the door. i quickly went back to the mirror in the lounge, to make sure my hair was tight in the bun, and my make up hadnt smudge.I was nervous. nervous for my friends to see me as glammed as i have ever been and for luke to see me. i could hear the croud in the garden getting louder and louder when luke walks into the lounge with two chamagne glasses. 'wow.' he whispered as he stopped in the door way. i was looking at him through the mirror and just smiled. 'you like?' i asked as i gave him a little twirl. 'like? you look beautiful carleigh,' he came closer to me and handed me a glass. we were staring at each other for about 2 minutes when he leant in closer, and whispered on my lips 'absolutly perfect,' then leant in for a kiss. a kiss. luke anthony mark brooks was kissing me. i couldn't believe this was happening. both the champagne glasses dropped to the floor when he put one arm around my back, and the other hand gripping onto my neck. 'ahem' the perfect kiss was broken with my mum standing in the doorway of the lounge. 'come join the rest of the party love birds' she winked then left the room. 'woops, sorry about the glasses, carlz.' he knelt down and started to pick up the shattered glass from the floor. 'dont worry luke, leave it you'll cut yourself. mum will do it when we leave,' i picked him up from the floor and we walked out the lounge arm in arm and greeted the others in the garden. everyone was there, niamh, my girl best friend with her date, luke's older brother,Beau, James with his boyfriend Tyla, Jai with Nadia and Sibeal with a few of her friends.this day could not get any more perfect. my mum with gina (luke's mum) and nimah's mum just laughing and joking, and everyone getting along. not like we used to.

when me and nadia were 4 our dad had left us. just up and left. that's one of the main reasons why me and luke had become friends quite quickly because we both had no father figure in our lives. our mum did everything for us and we are, till this day, forever grateful to her. but once nadia met sibeal things changed. Nadia became alot more bitchy and blamed our mum for everything and even used to bring up the fact dad left us because of mum. this made our mum and nadia to fight all the time. i used to always spend my time round niamh's house, and i didnt really want to see anyone but niamh. we have been best friends since 4th grade and has always been there for me, so she was the only one i thought i could go to. i didn't tell luke about the situation at home because  i felt it was unfair to put all my problems on him. i would get phone calls and texts from luke saying 'lets go out tonight' or 'why havent you seen me in ages? i miss you' i missed him too, but i just didnt have the energy to see him. Nadia started acting out. taking drugs, drinking, spending more and more time with guys, things a 14 year old just doesnt do. mum just couldn't get her under control so had to call for some outside help. she sent nadia off to a bootcamp for a week, to show kids discipline and rules. something nadia knew nothing about. nadia came back and everything at home was a lot more calmer. i evenly spread my time between luke and niamh and everything was looking better. until there was a knock at the door. dad was back. but not alone. he had a young, blonde bimbo standing next to him, hand in hand, with her bloody fake knockers hanging out. i felt physically sick, whereas mum was sick. all i can remember was mum running to the toilet to vomit when nadia ran upstairs shouting 'GET OUT.STAY AWAY FROM OUT FAMILY YOU PRICK AND ESPCIALLY YOUR LITTLE SLUT' when i just stood their shocked. they both had a wicked smile on their faces. the first reaction was the slap them but before i did i just shut the door on their faces. who does he think he is, coming back into our lives with a bimbo on his arm. there were numerous knocks on the door and shouts threw the letter box, but we ignored it all. we left him to walk out of our lives again, but this time for good. for the next few days we were all still in shock, the house was so quite you could hear a pin drop. i mostly stayed in my room, when nadia stayed out of the house, and mum kept herself occupied with work. those few weeks were the longest weeks of my life. and weeks i will never forget.