"Why?" His tone hadn't softened, but the regret was bubbling in his stomach.

"The ring was only given to me days ago by my Mother. If you must know, it was given as a vow to be the one who loves me until my prince, so to speak, is mine to claim."

Ty was silent for a moment, chewing the inside of his cheek. "Oh. Fuck, Shay, I'm an ass."

Shay shrugged, her anger still painted on her face. "That's one word for it, yeah. Is that seriously why you've been so angry?" When Ty didn't meet her eyes, she let out a frustrated sigh. "Is that why you called Sammy?" Much to her dismay, tears sprang to her eyes. Shay blinked quickly, trying to hide them.

It was too late; Ty noticed and exhaled slowly, holding a hand out for her to take. "Please, Shay?" She walked closer to him but didn't take his hand. "I'm an idiot, Shay. I'm sorry. I called her because I needed permission, I guess, to be happy so soon after breaking up with her. It's been so fast, and nothing has been making sense. I have these feelings for you and they're so strong that I'm having trouble coming to terms with it."

She raised an eyebrow at him, her anger melting away with his words. "So, you ask your ex-fiancée for advice and approval?"

"Not one of my smarter ideas, apparently. It's been a lot lately, Shay. You have to understand that." He reached for her again and this time, she let him pull her in. "I'm sorry I hurt you and I'm sorry I was so angry instead of talking to you."

"I think it's what I have to look forward to with dealing with a human-raised fairy," Shay mused, raising an eyebrow.

Ty smiled at her, squeezing her hand. "She thinks she's gay after I asked about you. Is it weird that doesn't bother me?"

"Human relationships are weird to me, Ty. It does seem a little convenient that she told you after you asked her about me."

"It doesn't matter, really. She's with Jessica and I'm..." The words trailed off, leaving a deafening silence between them.

At this, Shay's defenses fell. She gingerly touched his chin with her finger. "You're what, Ty?"

He stared at her for a tense moment before pressing his lips to hers firmly. Her hesitation quickly melted away as the kiss continued, Ty's lips as soft and inviting as she'd remembered. He mixed his fingers in with her hair, tugging at it gently. His lips hovered over hers as he tried to find the words to explain it to her. "I don't have the words for it, Shay," he admitted. "But when I'm around you, I never want to let you go, and when I'm away from you, you're the only thing on my mind. I want you, Shaylee. That's the only thing I understand and the only thing I want to understand right now."

Shay slipped out of her jacket before wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're trying too hard to understand things, Ty. Can't you just let things happen?"

"I can let this happen," he breathed against her neck, peppering it with kisses. Shay whimpered quietly as his kisses turned to small bites across her collarbone, their hands fighting to move faster as they stripped each other. When they were naked, Shay took a step back to admire Ty unabashedly. He was even more beautiful in his green skin than his human, tanned skin, his muscles looking more defined. She dropped to her knees before him, kissing up his legs, licking at the ridges of his muscles. As she reached his growing length, she took his balls in her hands, rolling them slowly. He groaned and took her hair in his fist, pulling her back.

Shay took in a sharp breath and Ty looked down, immediately concerned and loosening his grip. "Did I hurt you? I'm sorry, I don't... It's something about you, Shay. You drive me fucking wild and I just want to..."