Chapter 5: Seems Like You'll Have To Steal

Start from the beginning

"Where am I going to go?" He shrugged his shoulders. His phone rang. "I'm going to pick this up, you stay here okay?" I nodded and when he was on the balcony, I ran out of the room. I know, maybe he could've helped me, but my instinct told me other wise, it told me that the help I needed wasn't there. While running in the corridors, I remarked there were cameras everywhere. I saw a small camera on a table, so I decided to see if I was crazy and turned it on. I changed my appearance to look like my reflection in the mirror that was in front of me. A smirk appeared on my face. I turned it off and ran away. When I was at the main doors, I grabbed my bag and placed the camera inside it. I turned the doorknob and ran away from the manor. As I was running away, I saw Scott looking at me from the living room's window with a shocked look on his face.

—In Salem—

After an hour of ride in the bus, I finally arrived at Salem. I walked through the streets, searching for a place to stay. A young woman and her husband passed next to me. "Miss?" She looked at me and hummed a yes. "Do you know where I could find an hotel that doesn't cost a lot of money... or even not at all if possible?"

"You live in the streets?" I nodded at the lady. "You see the alleyway just there?" She pointed at the dark alleyway. "Yes?" I answered. "Well there's a small hotel that only cost at least 12$ or maybe 20... do you have enough?" I nodded at the woman.

"Thank you" I said as I ran into the alley. I heard her yell. "You're welcome" I saw a small door at my left and decided to try and open it. I turned the doorknob, it was in fact already open. So I entered and I saw a reception.

"Hi, how can I help you" A young girl asked. She had long brown hair and she had bags under her green eyes.

I sighed. "Hi, I need a place to stay for one night" The girl looked through her papers and documents before turning around and grab one of the keys that were hanging on the wall.

She gave it to me. "Room 102, if you need anything I'm not the one to ask to..." I frowned at her. "What? I'm tired okay? Don't bother me when I'm taking a nap" She left. "Weird, what do you plan on doing now Rachel?" The voice asked. I ran to my room and locked the door. I placed my bag on the bed and opened it, taking the piece of mirror out.

That crazy was staring at me with her demonic entirely black eyes. With these black veins under them. "For god's sake, WHO ARE YOU?" My reflection shook her head.

"I'm you stupid... I'm your other half" I frowned my eyebrows in anger, this was not helping me.

"Why do you keep on doing this, entering my mind? Or am I just crazy" Her laugh was creepy and scary.

"First, I won't stop and secondly, I would say a bit of the two... technically your not insane, but I do think that you're just a crazy b****" I groaned in annoyance.

"Can't you just help me for once... tell me if I'm just hallucinating"

She stared at me. "Don't you have a camera for that?" I took the camera out of the bag. I gasped, the screen broke. "How?" I asked myself. The only way I could watch the video would be with a computer.

"Oh no... It's broken, so sad" She said sarcastically. "Seems like you'll have to steal a computer" I did not want to do anything wrong, even stealing. "Can you do it?" I seemed crazy, talking to myself and asking to my reflection to steal something. She shrugged. "I can try, anyway I'm tired of letting you the whole control. I want more power, let me out and I'll help you" I gulped in fear, but nodded. I had nothing else to lose.

I closed my eyes and I felt her take the control of my body. I couldn't talk, move, I had no control. My eyes opened, I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked exactly like her. She chuckled at me. I teleported myself outside of the hotel. A smirk on my face, I started to walk through the city and into a small store. The bell rang, making the boy at the counter glance at me. I walked into the section where the computers were. "H-H-How can I-I help y-you?" The teen asked as I took a MacBook. I glared at him, a death glare. He was shaking in fear as I took a step closer. The lights flickered and I moved my left arm in his direction to sent him right into the counter and cash register. He groaned in pain and tried to scream for help, but I ignored him and said "No one's going to help you... If you want someone to come for you, then talk louder dummy, 'cause even Superman himself wouldn't hear you" before disappearing and teleport myself into my hotel room. I felt her leave me after I placed the computer on the bed. I screamed as I came back to control. I looked at myself in the mirror to make sure I was me and I only saw my normal self, no weird reflection talking to me, I sighed in relief. I opened the computer and sat on the bed. When it was on, I transferred the photos and videos from the camera into the computer. I looked through the videos. "Where are you?" I murmured to myself. "There you are" I clicked on the video.

My amethyst coloured eyes widened. 'I wasn't crazy, my appearance did change...' I sighed again. 'I am crazy, I wanted to see this so I saw it' I laid on the bed. "I'm so stupid"

That voice laughed at me again. "You are certainly the most craziest person alive... She was right. You should be in Arkham Asylum with people like you, ya know... CRAZIES!" I rolled on my side and tried to fall asleep, but she wouldn't stop talking. "Asking help to a reflection, who does that? Oh yeah, you do that" That was going to be a long night. She continued to laugh as if she was insane.