"Are you alright? You look...down," he said when we were inside. If I was being honest, I felt down. Not only did the house seem too empty, but the guards were gone. Loki's absence felt all too real.

"I'm fine," I responded, wrapping my arms around him without a second thought. He returned the hug and I sank into his embrace.

"You sure?" He mumbled into my ear, and I pulled back just to give him a small sad smile.

I then leaned in and gave him a quick, small kiss.

When I pulled away, he stared at me, shocked. Without a word, he leaned close again and kissed me. The kiss quickly deepened, but I found myself pulling away first.

I leaned my head against his shoulder. "Why do I miss him so much?" I asked in a low whisper.

"Who?" Bruce responded, sounding confused.

"Loki," I answered, "It feels like he's gone. Or...dead or something. But he's so many billions of miles away. It feels like I'm never going to see him again."

I pulled away to look Bruce in the eyes. He looked disappointed and...jealous.

"Natasha, why does it matter?" He asked gently. "So what if you never see him again. Have you forgotten what he did?"

"Of course not..." I said, exasperated. "Bruce, I could never. But-"

"But?" He interrupted questioningly. "He killed Coulson, tried to kill both of us and our friends,  and he already has more blood on his hands than you and me."

I bit the inside of my cheek. "You're right. I'm wrong. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Natasha," he said, pressing his lips to my forehead. "I should go."

I nodded while smiling up at him gently. I walked him over to the door and watched him out. As soon as the door closed, I let out a long sigh and slid down against the wall to sit with my back to the door.

I put my head between my knees and sighed, closing my eyes. I didn't want to be here.

I was quickly swept into sleep despite the early hour. I didn't dream, and if I did, it was of a bright, beautiful color. One I couldn't quite place. I missed it when I finally woke up.

My back hurt like hell when I woke up: Probably from falling asleep in such an odd position. I stood up and stretched. My whole body felt bruised from falling asleep on the wooden floor.

Groaning, I walked into the kitchen to see the time. It was only 9 o'clock. But it was very dark outside. I glanced out the window to see a bright, full moon lighting up the freshly fallen snow. The snow made a gorgeous blanket of white across the entire empty street. The only light was the warm yellow light from my house and the silvery light from the moon.

Suddenly, that changed. There was a brilliant flash of light that made me fall backwards. I blinked rapidly. After a few seconds, still stunned, I glanced out the window to see nothing but a set of footprints leading up to my house.

My heart pounding, I heard a loud knock at the door.

I moved to open it, my hand pausing on the cool knob.

After a second of hesitation, I flung it open to see none othee than the god of thunder himself. Thor looked at me and narrowed his eyes until they widened in recognition. "Romanoff!" And then he stopped. "Why Romanoff?"

"It's my name...?" I said, confused.

"No..." Thor mumbled, pushing past me inside. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Cozy place you have here," he commented.

He looked giant in the small house.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Heimdall sent me here. But...why?"

I had no idea how to answer that because I didn't have the faintest clue myself.

"Well, if this means anything to you...Loki is in danger. Heimdall sent me for reinforcements but..." I blocked out his voice after that. Blood was pounding in my ears. My head clearing, I heard the end of Thor's question, "but why you?"

"What kind of danger?" I asked in a low whisper. Thor's booming voice was so loud in comparison. I felt dizzy, the room was
spinning.

So I was right. He was in danger.

My mind flashed back to earlier today, and how scared Loki had looked.

Thor looked confused at my concern.

"Odin wants Asgardian justice for Loki. Which is, basically, slowly torturing and killing him."

I felt my breath hitch. "But...but Odin is his father. Why...?"

Thor answered, "Odin has gone crazy with grief. The dark elves had just launched an attack on Asgard. He has gone completely mad at this point because of the war with Svartalfheim. As soon as he heard about Loki murdering two mortals during his banishment, his anger ran out of control. I couldn't stop him."

I felt sick. "And where is Loki now?"

"I don't know where they are taking him for the next two weeks but after that..."

I realized that I didn't want to know. I turned around to hide the tears forming in my eyes.

"Lady Natasha?" Thor asked. "May I ask why Heimdall sent me to you?"

Wiping away the tears, I turned back to him. "I haven't the faintest clue." I said. "But I will help you."

"You two have grown close during his stay with you, haven't you?" Thor asked, his eyes slightly brighter than they were before.

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "Have you met the guy?"

Thor chuckled. "Come. We must hurry."

I followed him outside where he began waving his hammer, (where did that come from?) Mjolnir, in the air. "Heimdall!" He said.

There was no response. No light. Nothing.

"Heimdall!" He shouted again.

Nothing.

"Oh, dear." Thor said worriedly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Something has happened. It appears we must wait." He replied

"But-"

"Heimdall can not use his magic at the moment. We must wait." He looked at the sky. "Hopefully not too long."

Two weeks...I thought, but I had no idea what would actually happen in two weeks.

"Here, come inside," I said, "you can stay with me until Heimdall can take us to Asgard."

Asgard. Oh god. I thought. But my thoughts were mostly focused on Loki. What was wrong with Odin? What kind of father-

My thoughts were interrupted by Thor's loud voice. "Where should I sleep?"

Sleep? How long would Heimdall take?

"Sleep. Right." I said absently. "You can take Loki's old- Loki's room. Down the hall to the left," I instructed.

"Thank you," Thor replied and he moved away. I moved into my room and closed the door very, very softly behind me. I went over to my bed and collapsed face first. At some point, the silent tears started to come.

I didn't understand why I was so worried about Loki, but as soon as I heard that he was in danger, I felt sick to the stomach.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to move. Come on, Heimdall, I silently willed. Please hurry. Whatever you're doing.

Hurry.