13

1976 - London, England

The sun shined through the window, illuminating India's beautiful golden hair. Her perfectly unique face structure stood out because of the fact that Roger had pushed her hair behind her ears.

He smiled the most genuine smile he had smiled in a while, taking the fact that he was laying besides the girl he loved the most.

He didn't deserve her, and he knew that.

When he looked at her, he felt the so talked about 'butterflies' that he had always found overrated, but completely changed his mind when he felt them for the first time.

His pencil made a sweet sound while he wrote yet another verse on the dirty yellow piece of paper he kept with him to use whenever he felt inspired.

And nothing inspired him more than India herself.

She let out a long breath and slowly opened her eyes, but quickly closed them as the blinding sunlight invaded her face.

Roger just laughed at her actions and held her tight, the smile never living his face.

"Good morning, love." his raspy voice echoed through the room.

"Morning, Rog." the girl smiled as she cuddled with the drummer. "What are you doing?"

"I just wrote the chorus of a song." he said while stroking her hair and twirling it in between his fingers. "It's about you." he smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"It must be a great song, then." she laughed quietly.

Roger sat the paper on the wooden table beside his bed and held Indigo with both of his arms.

"I wish you didn't have to leave..." he quietly said.

"Me too..." she said drawing circles in his shirtless chest.

"What does this make us?" asked Roger.

"I don't know..." she answered.

She then started to silently sing the song 'Let It Be' by 'The Beatles', a song she had previously said she lived according to. "Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be..."

Roger joined her for the last verse. "There will be an answer, let it be."

"John said it had been Paul!" Roger said and India rapidly smacked his chest and laughed. She then proceeded to get up from the bed, regardless of Roger's efforts to make her stay.

"So it was?!" asked Roger when she didn't deny it.

"I mean... maybe." she smiled and shouted behind her shoulder for Roger to hear.

Roger laughed, feeling the jealousy crawling into his chest, but he did his best to ignore it.

He got up from the bed and put on some clothes and then followed India into the kitchen.

He managed to turn on the record player and the song 'Don't think twice, it's all right' by Bob Dylan started playing.

It was by chance, Indigo's favorite and it described perfectly the love story the pair was living.

The sun illuminated the area and Roger started dancing, taking India's hand in the process and twirling her around.

The flowery shirt that belonged to the drummer and that she was wearing, flowed as she twirled around the room with Roger following behind.

He embraced her tiny figure into his own and they felt the warmth both of their hearts exuded.

She looked up at him and he kissed the tip of her nose, making her smile while closing her eyes which made his heart melt.

Both of them heard the doorbell ring.

They looked at each other, eyes filled with surprise.

"Hide!" India screamed-shouted and Roger hid in a cupboard. Ironic, right?

"Wait, no! This is your house!" she screamed-shouted but it was already too late, so she decided to put on her skirt before the door opened, only to reveal a beautiful blonde girl.

"Oh, hi!" she smiled "you must be the maid!" she continued, getting closer to Indigo "Pretty! For a maid..."

Roger winced as he recognized the voice coming from outside the cupboard.

"Have you seen Roger?" she asked but then specified as if India was dumb. "You know, the blonde man who hired you?"

Indigo was about to explode from rage, her eyes already turning into her famous intimidating stare, but she kept herself together.

"No, I haven't." she answered.

"Oh, ok. Let him know that his girlfriend Grace, me," she smiled "needs to talk to him as soon as possible. Thank you!" she left after that.

The only thing that could have been heard was the door closing.

Right after, Roger rapidly left the cupboard he was hiding in as he heard India's footsteps towards the door.

"India, wait!" he shouted after her. "She's not my girlfriend! She's crazy, India please listen to me!"

"Why did I even think that the Roger Taylor wanted something more than sex from me." she mumbled, sounding terribly disappointed and hurt.

She took his shirt off, making him mumble a "no" and threw it at him afterwards.

She rushed down the stairs and whistled for a taxi.

She entered the car before Roger was able to reach her.

"No, don't do this!" Roger cried after the car.

The taxi drove off leaving Roger hopelessly sitting down on the road.

-//-
13/01/2019